JOB SUMMARY: The IT Operations Manager leads a dedicated on-site team comprised of help desk engineers, a network engineer, and a database administrator to meet the needs of our client. When additional support is required, the IT Operations Manager and dedicated on-site team are supported by a remote team of on-demand IT architects, application programmers, system administrators, and help desk engineers.
• Provide management, leadership and mentorship of the on-site designDATA service desk and systems administration team.
• Ensure that all user issues are addressed using "best in breed" customer service.
• Work with other senior resources to manage/maintain IT Services documentation.
• Communicate team issues to Senior Leadership.
• Manage internal IT projects and report on performance metrics.
• Use and enforce Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes that include Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management.
• Collaborate with client IT resources on internal applications/app management.
• Meet with designDATA and customer executive leadership on a weekly basis.
• Manage client equipment acquisition and scheduled maintenance.
• Assist the client IT Manager in annual budget preparation.
• Act as the client's authorized representative for other technology vendors.
• Oversee the provision of client audiovisual and programming service needs.
• Assist the client in drafting and maintaining security policies and ensuring security compliance, including performance of regularly scheduled security audits and vulnerability scans.
• Monitor, support and maintain the client's database and telephony infrastructure, and communications systems.
• Conduct engineering, planning, and design services for major system enhancements, including installations and upgrades of new or existing systems.
• Ensure all client requirements of data backup policies are met and that the team follows procedures to handle daily, weekly and monthly backup of data, databases and servers.
• Provide leadership and recommendations on improving overall IT management with a particular focus on network security.
• Serve as an in-house consultant on IT issues including applications management; information and knowledge management; business process alignment.
• Investigate new technologies that will improve business operations or streamline business processes.
Requirements KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in information technology management or related field
• Minimum of 8-10 years in information technology with a minimum of 3-5 years in an IT management position
• Solid technical background with proven ability to manage and motivate a diverse technology group in a fast-paced and customer-focused team environment
• Experience managing an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment for Cloud Computing, Auto Scaling, ELB, RDS, VPC and other services
• Proven background in service desk and IT infrastructure management
• Outstanding communications and customer relations skills, with a proven ability to communicate with both end users and executives
• Excellent documentation skills
• Willingness to go "above and beyond" to exceed customer expectations
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work well under stress, pressure, and deadlines
• ITIL, PMP, and/or AWS certification preferred.