Utilize information education and experience to support Kellogg's IT services. Isolate, diagnose and restore service for IT interruptions for services, infrastructure, and applications interruptions. Otherresponsibilities include security administration, storage management and job scheduling management. Deploy the release of new technologies as well as install, configure, maintain, and perform system integration testing of PC/server operating systems, related utilities, and hardware. Diagnose server problems as reported by users, support Web access and electronic messaging services and maintain a secure systems environment. Provide new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth, install new servers and desktops, and maintain the server infrastructure. Specific duties include:
• Lead short-term project planning efforts with team members.
• Create and implement Requests for Change (RFC) and adheres to all documented change management processes.
• Work with system engineers to understand technical requirements.
• Participate in and contribute to technical designs providing impacts to existing systems.
• Develop test cases and files, conduct testing to ensure requirements are met, validate test results, provides feedback on test results.
• Diagnose accessibility, availability or operability problems.
• Research, analyze, and determine the appropriate course of actions for fixing problems, identifies and mitigates risks, and implements solutions.
• Install, configure and maintain approved telecom/network hardware and software components.
• Maintain WAN, LAN and local Internet, remote access, VPNs, and connectivity protocols.
• Provide basic maintenance and support on all phases of security access requests.
• Administer and maintain firewalls, and performs intrusion detection analysis to ensure all necessary security updates, patches and preventive measures are in place.
• Maintain development, production, and multiple testing environments (database and application).
• Perform upgrades of databases, adding new structures or elements; plan and manage the migration of databases; and install, configure and maintain the database management systems software.
• Execute disk space provisioning and monitor disk performance and utilization.
• Execute SANs zone changes and administration.
• Administer archival activities such as installing, upgrading, configuring, and scheduling and monitoring jobs.
• Perform and maintain data replication.
• Perform initial setup and maintenance for job scheduler and tape management devices (silo) for production job scheduling.
• Translate business and technical requirements to develop automation specifications that span more than one business area.
• Complete installation, configuration, monitoring and maintenance activities for approved system hardware (Copper, Fiber, Power, Network, UPS) and software components as well as rack provisioning.
• Ensure completion of dependable, reliable backup and restore activities.
Minimum of a Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field and two years of experience as an IT Operations Analyst, Systems Analyst or related required.