Venable has an opening for a dynamic, customer service oriented professional to join our Information Technology department, based in our Baltimore, Maryland office. The Operations Analyst II will be primarily responsible for supporting the operational processes and routine daily monitoring and maintenance of the production server computing and network environment.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
- Handling escalated incident and service management tasks related to production services and systems
- Utilizing event management systems implemented by technical services teams to ensure the functionality and reliability of production enterprise systems
- Assisting with escalated service requests; providing guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
- Facilitating user account management processes, including onboarding, change and departure processes
- Preparing for the transition of production system services by participating in training, reviewing process, procedure and work instruction documentation
- Assisting in the lifecycle management and administration of various IT resources and systems
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- A minimum of 3 years supporting Windows desktop/server operating systems and technologies including Windows, Active Directory, WINS, DNS, Exchange, and VMware
- Experience working within systems management tools
- Experience with scriptingtechnologies; Powershell experiencepreferred
- Strong technical skills in managing events through their lifecycle; previous experience with event management software is a plus
- Experience with Windows DFS and troubleshooting and supporting environments with a mixture of storage solutions
- Understanding of databases, databasetechnologies, and SQL administration tools
- Knowledge of virtual machine management systems and hands-on experience monitoring and operating virtual machine platforms
- Technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, system, storage, operating system and other service related problems
- Strong client service orientation, follow up and follow through skills
- Ability to participate in the on-call rotation for after-hours and weekend support