Job Summary The Information Technology Senior Manager plans, monitors, and implements the strategies of assigned business technology function. The position will plan, coordinate, and direct IT activities as well as provide input and support for the IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. Principal Accountabilities
- Translate business requirements into high quality, consistent, and thorough technical requirements and project plans.
- Manage a team of professionals supporting development and maintenance for assigned business functions.
- Manage IT operational strategic planning, which includes project planning, organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Ensure supported services progress on schedule and within budget.
- Consult with direct management to review departmental goals.
- Establish standards and procedures for department and modifies schedule and plans as required.
- Develop and maintains technical and project documentation.
- Monitor compliance of associated policies and procedures, including those for service level and operational level agreements.
- Work closely with management to identify, recommend, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Coordinating incident and problem resolution with other BT organizations.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Ability to translate communication needs of employees/customer not versed in computer terminology for both hardware and software into meaningful solutions.
- Strong understanding of business operations and needs, in order to establish credibility and to assert oneself as a trusted partner to the business users.
- Strong negotiation and consensus building skills when dealing with internal customers, stakeholders and team members.
- Additional knowledge and skill requirements may vary by assignment.
Experience & Education
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience with Information Technology environment with strong background in software and infrastructure that includes five (5) or more years experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related field or equivalent related work experience.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Generally works in a normal office environment, but due to operational locations of various task orders, may be required to travel domestically and internationally on short notice, to austere environments under harsh living conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-20%.
Generally works in a normal office environment. However, due to operational locations of various Task Orders under LOGCAP IV, may be required to travel domestically and internationally, on short notice, to austere environments under harsh living conditions, for periods of time not longer than 179 days.