Position Title : IT & Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Engineer The Manufacturing Execution System (MES) is the manufacturing tracking system for the Solar Junction production lines . The MES tracks the state of products, captures process data, tracks the status of production tools, and delivers operational metrics . The current wafer tracking system will be replaced by a new ly purchased MES system within the next few months . The MES Engineer will work closely with engineering, R&D, manufacturing, maintenance and production control staff as well as the MES vendor to successfully deploy and configure the software and hardware throughout the factory. The IT/ MES Engineer will own and be dedicated to the development, sustainment and i mprovement of all aspects of MES, Database, IT systems and Reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and maintain all IT related company infrastructure, including phone s , wifi , audio video and other comm unication systems
• Manage all employees computer, software configuration and licenses
• Evaluate, manage, and maintain database sec urity, file management, backup procedures, information security and control structures, admin, and transaction
• Develop standards and procedures affecting database management, design, maintenance
• Manage database in MS SQL 2016 Enterprise and support the transition from MySQL and other platforms to the future MES
• Work directly with individuals and cross functional teams to c onfigure and support the MES
• Provide expert technical advice, direction, and leadership d uring the design and implementation of applications.
• Work closely with Yield and Integration Engineering to develop real - time yield and operations reports for the operations and production management
• Responsible for implement ing all changes to the virtual p roduction environment and ensur ing proper c hange m anagement policies are followed.
• Available for on call support as needed. Qualifications and
• B S in Control Engineering or Computer Science plus 3 to 5 years of related experience;
• 2+ of experience with software development or software product integration using C#, C++ or VB Script.
• Microsoft Windows network infrastructure literate
• Experience with Microsoft SQL and servers
• Experience with ERP interfacing and integrating ERP/MES software packages
• NET Platform and HTML5 Programming preferred
• Experience of process and equipment automation solutions is a plus.
• Knowledge of active directory, DNS, IP networks and virtualization is a plus
• Good knowledge and solid experience with M anufacturing E xecution Systems ( Crit ical Manufacturing MES is preferred )