The IT Manager will supervise a team or team(s) of IT professionals (Business Analysts/Developers/Systems Analysts) and sometimes, nonexempt employees who support them. Directly responsible for results produced by the teams/groups/sub-units managed. May contribute as a consultant level (i4) technical resource. Guide reporting staff in completing their tasks, coordinate group work flow and provide skill training based on personal proficiency in the technical processes, techniques, and tools they use.
- Manages projects, programs, or processes; applies work methods to adapt to changing conditions consistent with Voya-prescribed methodologies and standards.
- Approves design, technical, or operational specifications developed by subordinates. Ensures that the final work product of subordinates meets all quality standards.
- Perform as a consultant level (i4) IT sub-discipline individual contributor.
- Coordinates work across multiple work teams; develops, updates, and implements contingencies for multiple teams to meet changing project or service needs. Anticipates changing resource needs and takes action to meet expectations on time and within budget.
- Defines work group goals and establishes priorities and staff performance expectations.
- Identifies and initiates work process and tool improvements that lead to increased workplace productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Responsible for conducting periodic performance reviews for staff, including professional development plans and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Five years of progressively responsibleexperience in IT.
- Experience managing a team of both onshore and offshore resources.
- Experience managing Business Analysts (BA's), Developers, and/or Systems Analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a directly related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated success in project execution with involvement in multiple major projects or a sustained record of success as an IT services provider.