Bowhead seeks an Information Technology (IT) Manager to join our team at the Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Fort Eustis, VA. The IT Manager reports directly to the Program Manager and is regularly involved in meetings with high level clients and customers. This individual must have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience working in all aspects of a technology center, including but not limited to, networking, server administration, website and/or application development, scanning and imaging and help desk departments as this person is the primary point of contact for all team leads.
The IT Manager is responsible for assuring the utmost satisfaction of our customer and as such, this individual will be responsible for task planning (immediate needs and forecasting future technology needs and changes), implementation and complete life cycle management of end-to-end integrated systems.
Other duties may include:
• Delivery of architectural initiatives that drive revenue and improve efficiency in line with business strategy and cultivation of relationships with IT management
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures
• Develop and maintain current and planned state network drawings and an aspirational architectural road map for the enterprise
• Communicates architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies
• Gains organizational commitment for enterprise level architecture and infrastructure initiatives
• Provide architectural direction to Enterprise Architects, Business Architects and Solution Architects
• Develop architectural metrics and reports for the executive team, business and IT management; initiates and delivers technology evaluations and recommendations
• Oversee the design and implementation of enterprise data and metadata structures and create plans to integrate business systems and workflows in support of business strategy
• Develop and enforce best practices for master data management and integration
A Great Place to Advance Your Career: You can excel with Bowhead because we are ready and equipped to help you propel your career. We foster an open, learning environment where you can refine and grow your skills and technical competencies through numerous formal training and development options. We are committed to performing excellent work on the Joint Base Langley-Eustis Network Enterprise Center program, and your continuous learning, education, and certification enhancement is crucial to helping us support the critical missions.
Requirements • A BA/BS in Computer Science or related field and an additional six to fourteen (6-14) years of experience in a professional Technology Management position is required. Additional work experience may be substituted for the highly qualified candidate.
• Previous experience supporting an Army DoD Program may be given preference.
• A CompTIA Security+ CE certificate or IAT II certification is required at a minimum.
• Experience in daily management duties of all levels of employees and all areas of technology (i.e. networking, server administration, website/application development and maintenance, scanning, information assurance) is also required.
• Detail oriented, organized and able to effectively manage time and resources to ensure all priorities are addressed immediately as well as daily duties completed in a timely and accurate manner.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.