IT Manager, Systems Engineering
RentPath is seeking a Sr. Manager, Systems Engineering to join the IT Infrastructure team.
The Sr. Manager, Systems Engineer is experienced in production computer operations and is responsible for the operational availability and reliability of existing systems and for ensuring new systems and environments are reliable and available. This individual manages a group of Systems Engineers and directs their work. The Sr. Manager, Systems Engineering is responsible for developing and maintaining change management practices and processes. This person works withother management and staff to coordinate project requirements and schedules.
- Stage production releases
- Linux Operating Systems design, implementation, configuration and maintenance
- Negotiate contracts and Support Level Agreements
- Prioritize activities and schedule work across subordinates
- Ensures quality of 3rd party performance through governance, and SLA and KPI monitoring. Ensures plans are put in place to improve performance.
- Implement and maintain compliance of Information Security and Assurance policies
- Evaluates and/or recommends purchases
- Seeks and champions new labor saving and reliability improving products and procedures
- Provide performance tuning of OS and applications
- Perform hardware capacity reviews, noting current load trends
- Participate in 24/7 incident response and resolution
- Provide input and direction on systems and applications for disaster recovery and business continuity plans
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage a budget.
- (Web) Programming background
- Negotiate contracts, recommend cost saving changes
Qualifications, Training, and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent problem solving skills, self-direction
- Five or more years’ experience with operational production support
- Adept at isolating and troubleshooting failed or failing systems
- Quick and strong decision making skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent needs and delegate responsibility
With an unrelenting focus on digitaltechnology and delivering an exceptional consumerexperience, RentPath solutions provide consumers with a clear and simple guide to apartment living through content-rich apartment listings via Internet, mobile and social media solutions. As an innovator in this rapidly growing two-sided marketplace, RentPath’s network of sites receives more than 10 million unique visitors each month.
RentPath is owned by two renowned private equity firms – TPG and Providence Equity – and its CEO, a University of Virginia alumnus, was formerly the CEO of Vonage and CMO at Cingular Wireless. The company has resources to invest and is well positioned to realize its ambition to drive disruption in the real estate industry and delight our customers with an innovative and transformative consumerexperience. To achieve this vision, we are building out a consumer product team to help define and execute product initiatives across the organization.
As a Sr. Manager, Systems Engineer, you will receive many benefits including:
- Strong salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Matching 401(K) contributions
- Advancement opportunities for outstanding performers
- And much more!
RentPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Qualified applicants with a criminal history will be considered.