The First American Docutech IT Manager provides input to and may develop operational plans and activities for product, project, or function. Works with senior level management to ensure plans are integrated with broader strategies.
- Typically manages a work group with responsibility for project outcomes.
- Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect the business unit.
- Provides input to and may develop operational plans and activities for product, project, or function. Works with senior level management to ensure plans are integrated with broader strategies.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Provides input into strategic functional planning. Sets and achieves functional group objectives. Facilitates work between functional groups.
- Plans and oversees tactical activities between groups, facilitating problem resolution and communication.
- Participates in critical day to day issues and resolution of complex issues.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other business units, or customers and the company.
- Often leads a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Seen as a key contributor within a functional organization.
- Gives input to developing function-wide strategic direction.
- Influences internal leadership on decisions relating to priorities and schedules.
- Has contact with management inside and outside the company; contacts involve clarification or modification of projects, plans, operational decisions, and/or scheduling requirements.
Supervision Received or Extended
- Manages a team of technical team members (generally skilled, exempt employees).
- Authorizes projects, approves designs and cost estimates for projects, sets priorities, provides input to and administers budgets, and participates in long-range planning.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Work is reviewed in terms of meeting product, project, or operational objectives, schedules, and budgets.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Demonstrated successful track record of design, development, and completion of projects in area of functional expertise.
- Demonstrated success of establishing, leading, and maintaining effective working relationships at the departmental level.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- 3-5 years of demonstrated supervisory/management skills.