IT Manager / Senior Manager - ITS - Technical Product Management
Responsible for providing guidance and leadership to managers, supervisors and employees in areas focused on managing specific technology components and the integrated technology environment. Oversees the performance of one or more related areas that perform configuration, administration, maintenance, security and incident/problem resolution of applications, databases, distributed and network hardware and software, mainframe, middleware and data storage/backup. With management direction, leads the execution of plans and responsibilities towards the achievement of team goals and objectives. Receives guidance from Officer level position. Senior Manager level manages a team including managers. Is responsible for hiring, performance issues and appraisals, and pay reviews. Resolves critical issues and performs additional incidental duties as assigned. Position must have direct reports.
*Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Provides senior level leadership to staff and management in the development, coordination and execution of completing critical business objectives and attaining goals in areas focused on managing specific technology components and the integrated technology environment. Establishes vision / strategy for responsible area and identifies the necessary underlying tactical plans required to accomplish the related objectives.
2) Oversees the implementation and on-going sustainability of strategic business and operational standards and goals to ensure optimal performance of department through efficient and effective operations.
3) Ensures the execution and adherence of policies, procedures and processes for FRIT, and further aligns strategies and activities with the business objectives and goals.
4) Establishes and maintains relationships to allow for effective ongoing communication with FRIT management and business areas to integrate products, services and process improvements into business areas` strategic objectives and operations.
5) Reviews and recommends all policy changes/process improvements and ensures alignment with departmental goals and business/client needs. Proactively advocates changes in areas focused on managing specific technology components and the integrated technology environment, and/or operations with focus to improve/increase reliability, maximize performance, and reduce costs.
6) Provides guidance and counsel to Department Officers on divisional strategies and organization, leadership, and staff performance matters. Provides coaching, guidance and assistance to staff and managers. Responsible for ensuring staff development and is a key participant in management activities. Areas of activity include talent management through proper succession planning programs, training and development programs to help position staff for success, and more significant responsibilities to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the Federal Reserve System, National IT, and FRIT. Ensures successful and consistent completion of all personnel actions (i.e., hiring, terminations, promotions, performance appraisal, and training).
7) Oversees department's resource management process with Department Officers. Executes projects and process improvements to effectively identify potential cost-saving opportunities, resolve resource constraints, and support business activities through ensuring objectives, goals and client needs are met.
8) Key participant and leader on various cross-functional team initiatives. Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific and successful experience in the following:
• Leading a Product Management or Product Development team
• Delivery methods including, Lean Startup, Kanban and / or Scrum
• Translating business objectives into product requirements
• Measuring cycle and lead times for a Product Management practice
• Supplier management for a wide array of process and technical suppliers, both internally and externally.