Manages one of Jabil’s SAP development teams, with responsibilities including but are not limited to analysis, selection and modification of enterprise systems, application software, installation of network hardware and software, and database management. Provides overall leadership to the effort required to protect the company’s data, tools and information systems. Ensures infrastructure architecture standards to maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility. Requires subject matter knowledge of SAP Development. Coordinates delivery of services to user groups and ensures IT service is uninterrupted. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Note: Typically focused on internal IT service delivery for employees, but may have an external client focus if involved with company-hosted, web-enabled, or outsourced solutions delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define, develop and implement a department strategy, which contributes to the business strategic direction
- Develop and communicate an understanding of the business strategy as it pertains to other IT Departments.
- Understand and communicate business strategy and develop application & technical infrastructure to support this strategy
- Deliver IT services in line with business requirements to internal customers, standardize platforms, and ensure Hardware/Software/Solution meets baseline compliance and implementation standards
- Financial Management/ Cost Center Management; forecasting of costs and management of IT financials for your IT cost center including variance analysis.
- Management of Assets, Capital Costs, Prepare ROI related documentation and Business Cases.
- Prepare and Analyze financial data and results.
- Create action plans as needed.
- Responsibility for financial forecasting and cost management of group IT function.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems)
- Accountability for the overall provision of an end to end IT service across agreed services
- Accountability for driving the IT service agenda and for facilitating and implementing IT service improvements across the business.
- The communication and management of operational IT service issues
- Collaborate with internal IT teams to effectively deliver services to end users
- To identify, track and manage key operational risks to the service, providing strong co-ordination with the business, IT and Operational Risk. High attention given, but not limited to, business continuity, IT audit requirements and software compliance
- Drive metrics management and performance of IT support and services with a focus on a data driven continuous improvement approach.
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information across the global IT organization to help drive standardization and sharing of best practice initiatives.
- Collaborate with, and understand the needs of internal/external customers from a business process and product perspective to help drive key IT solutions for driving operational efficiencies
- Accountability for the accurate and timely delivery of monthly reporting to the business regarding IT service performance, including service trends, improvement activity and SLA attainment.
- Accountability for the provision of a reliable and stable service which meets the customer’s needs and is sustainable.
- To build a clear understanding of the service requirements of the business
- To support the incident management process by clearly articulating business impact during for affected service(s) during major incidents and driving completion of corrective actions and problem management activities.
- Drive awareness of change management activity for high category services ensuring that the business impact of change activity
is understood and risks to business processing highlighted.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the IT function.
- Coordination of work schedules, priorities, and performance management of IT personnel.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Understand and embrace the global IT strategic direction
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by superior.
- Enforce and follow all procedures and policies within IT and the company.
- Participate in internal audit programs and drive non conformance issues to conclusion.
- Project Management as required
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job titles typically include Senior Manager and Director
Recruitment and Retention:
- Recruitment of IT personnel
- Coordination with HR with recruitment activities including, interviews, job offers, negotiations etc
- Adhere to local or remote HR or plant policies and procedures
Employee and Team Development:
- Participate in 360 review plans for peers and Sr. Management
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals
- Support Business Requirement by allocation of resource and provide the reference for IT in Company investment for new business, or new projects. Maintain a thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job technologies required fulfilling the job, this could include formal or self paced professional development. Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department
- Coaching and Mentoring of staff
- Performance management, Preparation and delivery of Performance Reviews, Personnel Development Plans, Training plans, Terminations, Turnover, Succession Planning, Reward and Recognition programs, etc
- Perform Metrics Management and Service Level Management; establish Service Level agreements and manage service delivery to meet those requirements
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational goals and responsibilities, personal development goals.)
- Solicit ongoing feedback from designated managers, supervisors, peers and team members on team members’ contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team members based on feedback.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible
- Metrics Management and Service Level Management; establish Service Level agreements and manage service delivery to meet those requirements. Analyze and report on your trends for site, or area, or areas under your reporting structure
- IT Scorecard and Performance Metrics Management and Service Level Management; establish Service Level agreements and manage service delivery to meet Customer SLA’s requirements
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members
- Provide regular updates to appropriate managers
- Interface with Regional staff and related projects
- Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job technologies required to fulfill the job, this could include formal or self paced professional development. Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are ‘best in field’
- Subject matter expertise in all aspects of SAP development
- Ability to participate in projects to ensure regional/global readiness
- ITIL Process Management knowledge to ensure compliance and use of global, regional and/or site defined processes
- Experience in ensuring processes/people is in place to support area of responsibility.
- Proven success in project management of regional and/or global related projects
- Understanding of Licensing and Contracts.
- Working knowledge of security team requirements including patching and deviations.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and e-mail skills required.
- Basic knowledge of Open Source solutions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Technology
- 6 to 8 years of experience in a relevant Jabil IT position OR equivalent external work experience, including at least 5 years of experience in a supervisory or management role within an Information Technology department.
- At least 10 years of SAP development experience
- At least 4 years of experience managing or supervising SAP developers
- ITIL Foundation Certification Preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or International, up to 50%.
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.