We are looking for an IT Manager to join the RiseSmart Team. This position will provide IT support, service and solutions. This position is based in our downtown San Jose office and reports to the Chief Financial Officer with a dotted line reporting into Monster IT team.
What You Will Do
- Provide onsite IT management and leadership for RiseSmart in the US, Canada, and India in partnership with Randstad and Monster IT teams. Responsible for keeping office IT infrastructure running and scalable.
- Your direct responsibility:
- Office IT Management & Support – Primary lead for designing and managing desktop support structure and IT infrastructure for RiseSmart. Partnering with Monster IT leadership to implement third-party remote desktop support provider and providing day-to-day oversight. Administering Windows-based systems including Active Directories, Exchange, and Office365.
- Executive IT Support – onsite white-glove support for San Jose leadership team as well as virtual support for several remote leaders
- Website Support -- managing and running a website hosting environment and overall setup for both internal and external sites; including network, Amazon Cloud, Linux servers; managing domain registrations; website monitoring and alerts
- Internal Application and Database support – local installation of software and servers support, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting; managing system backups and logs
- Vendor Management & Procurement – primary point of contact for third-party IT vendors including Dell, Cisco, Microsoft, HP, Network Solutions, VZ Wireless, etc. Responsible for pricing and contracting negotiations in collaboration with CFO and identifying opportunities to leverage enterprise agreements across Randstad and Monster
- In partnership with Randstad/Monster IT:
- IT Strategy, Innovation & Change Management - Partner with RiseSmart leadership team to assess and implement new software and hardware technologies to improve productivity, improve security and reduce costs
- IT Policies, Controls and Security - documenting and executing company’s IT security and emergency response procedures to protect sensitive company data and equipment
- NetworkDesign & Support - telecom, firewall configuration, VPN, Wi-Fi, and security
- Have fun! We have an amazing culture at RiseSmart and want you to be a part of it!
Skills You Will Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited College/University
- Master’s degree is preferred
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in IT solutions and services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Experienced negotiator with vendors and suppliers
- Ability to rapidly self-educate on new products and technologies
- Working with global sites is preferred
At RiseSmart, our mission is to transition talent to new beginnings. We provide industry-leading outplacement and redeployment solutions that support people through organizational changes, and we do so with passion, a commitment to excellence, and a relentless pursuit of results. Every day we enable impacted employees to find fulfilling work, and we give our Fortune 1000 customers the peace of mind that comes from knowing that they are working with a compassionate, contemporary, outcome-driven team. Our innovative technology has disrupted a $6B industry and helped us grow to become the nation’s fastest growing outplacement provider. Our expert coaching and professional branding teams have successful track records of empowering careers. And, ultimately our results speak for themselves: we have received enormous industry recognition, including Gartner’s “Most Innovative Company,” the “Nation’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For,” Fortune’s “100 Best Companies for Women,” and Deloitte “Fast 500” – recognized as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies with growth exceeding many impressive companies such as LinkedIn, Yelp, Marketo, Zillow, and ServiceNow.