KOLD-TV in Tucson, Arizona is seeking an experience IT Manager with strong knowledge of networking fundamentals, experience with software and hardware support, and excellent troubleshooting skills. Broadcast experience is a plus. Candidate should also have expert knowledge in Desktop and Server Operating Systems- primarily Windows and a familiarity with major PC applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe. Ideal candidate will be extremely organized, detail oriented and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or minimum of 5+ years’ work experience in information technologypreferred.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Local Area Network (LAN): responsible for configuring, maintaining, and administering the station’s Local Area Network (LAN) environment. This includes implementation, configuration, planning, management, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, and usage monitoring of the LAN environment within the station. Working knowledge of TCP/IP addressing scheme. Document and understand the station’s network topology, remote access, and VPN.
- Computers: responsible for configuring, installing, managing, maintaining, updating, and integrating the computers within the station to insure compatibility and integration with enterprise standards and software applications. This includes purchasing computers and maintaining an updated inventory of model, make, year, and other relevant information.
- Server Administration: responsible for maintaining, administering, and monitoring network operating systems and servers in a Windows Active Directory (AD) environment, including Organizational Unit awareness. Adds and configures printers. Responsible for managing and maintaining backups in accordance with company standards.
- Desktop Operating Systems and Applications: Knowledge and familiarity with current OS platforms, primarily Windows. Ability to install and configure applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other television specific applications. Ability to properly configure the network properties to communicate with TCP/IP and station IP networks.
- Cellular Phones and tablets. Knowledge and familiarity with cell phones and tablets, particularly Apple iOS devices. Ability to configure devices for email, store and app purchases, find my device, passcodes, and other relevant parameters. Understand WiFi and LTE connectivity
- Telephone System: maintaining, operating, documenting, and administering all aspects of telephone systems including wire and cable facilities, telephone system equipment, peripheral equipment, voice mail systems, and call accounting systems. Documentation should include PBX analog and digital ports, telco facilities, punch downs and cross connects, and handset models and locations.
- Occasional use of ladders for the purpose of installing cabling infrastructurerequired
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and work in hot and cold environments