Tracking Code 178989-846Job Description
Successfully delivers projects supporting technology and application refreshes, as well as architecture evolution. Execute projects for IT enabled business projects (new or expanded facilities, new applications, etc). Successfully delivers each project on time, within budget, within the required functionality and operational specifications through the project team members assigned.
Provides leadership and works directly with Project team members, Business Relationship Managers, management, and partnering firms to execute projects. Delivers these projects and ensures adherence to standard project methodology, practices, and tools to be utilized by the project teams. Participates in the continuous improvement required needed for successful projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as central point of contract for all project activities.
- Manages the day-to-day tasks / activities for all resources assigned to project. Ensures tasks are completed on time and roadblocks and / or obstacles are identified and communicated to appropriate management resources.
- Alerts project owners on actions that can impact project schedules, costs, or quality of deliverables.
- Provides necessary information to project owners to make project relevant decisions.
- Works with vendors, based on requirements from project owners to define timeline and deliverables.
- Manages vendors to meet the deadlines and develops quality deliverables, ensures integration and communication across project team and vendors.
- Defines and manages for each project a plan including work breakdown structures, project milestones, critical path analyses, risk assessment and management plans, cost/benefit analyses, staffing plans, project timelines, and project budgets.
- Prepares project status reports for upper management.
- Prepares and manages a project budget.
- Ensures project milestones are met on time and within team and project budgets.
- Drives decisions to ensure the success of projects taking into account timing, risk, functional requirements, and business benefits.
- Identifies ways to accelerate the project execution where possible while maintaining high quality standards.
- Ensures project adherence to the standard methodology(s), practices, and tools.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with project team members, Tenneco resource managers, vendors, other project managers, project sponsors, and other departments involved in the project execution.
- Contributes to the analysis of Capacity and Resource staffing levels.
- Drives continuous improvement to project execution methodology(s), practices, and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in MS Project / Excel / Word and PowerPoint are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to interface and influence at multiple organizational levels.
- Excellent relationship-building and networking skills.
- Strong organization skills, and able to function successfully within in a global team environment.
- Excellent technical, organizational, troubleshooting, problem-solving, budgeting and time management skills.
- Basic knowledge of finance tools and general business operating principles.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; maintaining a project budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Proficiency and understanding of demand, capacity and resource management.
- Excellent understanding of principles of project management. Must have a high level understanding of project management methodologies.
- Ability to identify and ensure project adherence to the standard methodology(s), practices, and tools.
- Drive continuous improvement to project execution methodology(s), practices, and tools.
- Ensure project milestones are met on time and within team and project budgets.
- Ability to gather relevant information systematically, consider a broad range of issues or factors, grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems or issues; use accurate logic in analyses.
- Drive decisions to ensure the success of projects taking into account timing, risk, functional requirements, and business benefits.
- Overcome the challenges related to language, culture, and the 24-hour nature of our global business.
- Anticipate potential roadblocks and identify solutions in advance.
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms.
- Ability to excel within a matrix organization.
- Goal oriented and driven to meet project deliverables and deadlines.
- Global project delivery experience in large, complex environments.
- Conceptual thinker.
- 4 year Undergraduate Degree (IT or related field preferred) or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years’ of experience managing complex projects ranging from mid-size to large corporate IT initiatives with a group of project team members.
- Solid infrastructure background.
- Global team leadership experience.
- Experience with vendor management and managing external teams.
- Experience learning and applying a new project methodology.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate highly preferred.
- Change Management certification a plus.
- Experience in Planview and / or Visio are a large plus.
- Experience in the automotive and/or manufacturing industries is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.