The Information Systems Manager manages and facilitates various multi-disciplinary teams with complex projects in diverse Clinical and Business Information Technologies. Responsible for planning, organizing, managing, communicating, and controlling the analysis, evaluation, design, development, implementation, maintenance, and support of complex and highly integrated computer-based application software projects. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
BS in Business, Computer Science, Health Care or closely related discipline;
MBA/MS in Business, Computer Science, Health Care or closely related discipline.
Must have at least four (4) years of experience in information systems implementation and support experience;
At least six (6) years of applicable Information Technology experience with applicable clinical knowledge in a healthcare related profession.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in the management of people, hardware, software, and other resources.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently exercise sound judgment and initiative in all circumstances, including very stressful situations.
- Knowledge of applicable mirco computer or mainframe computer application development tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated technical and business written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Must provide own transportation. Must be able to travel to any area of the organization, both local and remote as needed.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Plans, manages, coordinates, organizes, and makes assignments for the current and future requirements of assigned areas of responsibility. Analyzes problems and opportunities from an organizational-level perspective, and proposes innovative and cost-effective solutions that reflect a thorough understanding of the business or clinical issues. Maintains expert information technology status on the clinical or business areas supported, and comprehensive knowledge of related areas. Evaluates and recommends a broad range of hardware and software products for applicability, compatibility, and long-range integration with other systems.
- Manages the design, development, testing, documentation, and support of complex custom and commercial software. Performs or oversees these functions on critical components and as necessary to meet commitments. Refines departmental standards and procedures for Information Technology Analysis and system documentation. Assesses the organization-wide impact of proposed technical and procedural changes in assigned or related systems.
- Communicates the status of assigned projects, systems, and user requests as exhibited by timely and accurate memos, time estimates, project plans, and progress reports related to projects and assigned systems. Consults with Users to stay abreast of issues. Makes highly effective technical and business presentations. Ensures that all documents in the work unit are organized in an effective and efficient manner.
- Provides personal and ongoing oversight of data security, integrity, backup and recovery procedures for assigned systems. Proposes, designs, develops, tests, implements and manages mission-critical batch and real-time interfaces between complex systems from multiple vendors using established and innovative techniques. Designs highly integrated and efficient data structures to meet the needs of the organization.
- Monitors and controls outcome, products produced, and system performance in assigned systems. Insures efficiency and logical soundness in assigned systems by planning, inspection, peer review and other procedures to insure quality. Insures the functional operation and reliability of assigned systems by planning, communicating, and executing / coordinating through test plans in close coordination with the User and others as necessary prior to implementing scheduled system changes. Directs and interacts with multiple vendors on behalf of the organization. Acts as a primary liaison between the Customer and other internal or external support organizations in the management of projects and to resolve problems.
- Responds as required or requested on a 7 / 24 on-call basis to support the organization. Assesses the organizational impact of urgent problems and emergencies, and takes assertive action to restore full functionality in a timely manner. Often will be the senior Associate involved. Takes initiative, exercises independent judgment, directs and communicates with others, and acts with very broad authority, coordinating and directing inside and outside resources as necessary to resolve problems.
- Manages human resources effectively. Communicates staff and management performance expectations and ensures delivery of quality customer service and responsiveness.
- Provides ongoing and annual personnel performance feedback and evaluation, coaching and mentoring to develop skill base, and facilitates professional development of staff.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work - exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work