Intercity Transit is the municipal agency that provides public transportation for people who live and work in the WA state capitol of Olympia and surrounding communities. Services include bus routes, paratransit, vanpools, specialized van programs and active community partnerships. Intercity Transit is the recipient of many awards, including "America's Best Public Transportation System." Our mission is to provide and promote transportation choices that support an accessible, sustainable, livable, healthy and prosperous community.
Intercity Transit is currently recruiting for the fulltime position of IT Manager (aka IS Manager) to perform professional level work in ensuring the development, implementation and maintenance of information management and telecommunications systems. Our IT Manager also supports the Agency's strategic and tactical business goals and objectives. The agency has a total workforce of approximately 325 employees. The position is exempt, not eligible for overtime. Our excellent benefits package includes health insurance, various retirement benefit options and paid sick and vacation leave. Wage range is $88,224 - $119,117 annually.
- Supervises, leads and mentors staff, including assignment and prioritization of work, performance evaluations, employee relations and development, developing and maintaining high levels of customer service and effective team approach to work.
- Manages day-to-day activities of the IS Division including continued operation of the various IS and telecommunication systems, technology development, system implementation, modifications, upgrades and maintenance. Analyzes system needs and costs; establishes and measures system performance standards.
- Develops agency's long term Information Systems Plan and related strategies. Researches, develops, recommends, maintains and implements related policies and procedures regarding usage and security of agency information technology.
- Provides in-house consultant services to departments, including the Senior Management Team. Serves on agency project teams to ensure technology requirements are identified and included at initial stages of specification development.
- Responsible for project research, data collection and analysis and project coordination with system users and staff. Maintains current knowledge of trends and developments in the information technology field. Researches and evaluates the use of new applications/technology/standards and equipment.
- Manages IS related third-party contracts and vendors.
- Provides back up to IS staff to ensure continuity of services and support across systems and applications, which could include non-traditional work hours and on-call duties.
Click for additional details regarding this position's classification and essential functions.
More ways to learn about Intercity Transit:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field AND five (5) years progressively responsible information systems and network administration experience, including two years of supervisory experience OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Experience with public sector procurement and contractprocesses is desired but not required.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHALL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to develop and maintain trusted partnerships with others.
- Ability to build consensus and commitment in a collaborative professional environment.
- A high degree of knowledge and ability to manage technical staff and infrastructure, including virtualization, networking, databases, cloud services, telecommunications, desktop management and fleet technology.
- Skilled in developing and monitoring budgets and work plans.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff to align IS strategies and tasks with organization priorities and objectives.
- Exhibit a strong customer service focus while defining user needs and identifying alternative solutions.
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background investigation, the results of which must meet agency's hiring criteria.
Apply online only at . A letter of interest and resume that includes last ten years of work/school history are required. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Intercity Transit's preferred method of communication is via email, so accurate and active email addresses are essential.