Job Description Summary
The Mainframe Network Manager will coordinate and delegate the responsibilities of their assigned IT teams. Oversee the day-to-day functions aligning with their Global Leader(s) responsibilities/duties while maintaining on-going project management and statuses.
This may include installation, maintenance, testing, debugging, procedural documentation for their areas of expertise. The Manager will oversee training sessions with resources so that they can be equipped with new knowledge and skills to remain current. Manager will do quarterly reviews, set quarterly and yearly goals, aligning to the Business Unit and Company.
What you will do:
- Provide thought leadership within assigned tower and Business Unit
- Provide direction to Team Leaders and resources.
- Possess communication skills to participate in client/team/Business unit meetings as well as providing documentation for client operational meetings.
- Enhance the performance of others through mentoring and guiding.
- Keep abreast of changes in the standards, technologies or methodologies
- Administer, update, weekly project management documents, aligning projects with client and BU activity.
- Manage team's ticket queue and following up on aging tickets
- Maintain team project status reports
- Provide risk assessment and risk management
- Administer quarterly review(s)
- Set quarterly and yearly goals, aligning to the Business Unit and Company
- Review assignments for accuracy and quality where applicable.
- Delegate responsibilities where applicable.
- Assist clients with mainframe network-related audit remediation when requested
- Implement and maintain network printers and session managers related to mainframe access
- Attend/facilitate client/team meetings where applicable.
- Collaboration with other departments
- Develop, assess, adhere to completion of personnel, departmental, and company goals.
- Participate in and provide timely responses to all internal and external audits
- Participating in on-boarding of new client.
- Assign support of new clients to the support tower that can best support that client based on skillsets and available cycles (load balancing).
- Evaluate support tower bandwidth to determine when new FTE's should be added using performance-based metrics.
What you will need:
- Knowledge in your area of discipline
- General understanding of networking components and protocols for WAN, LAN etc. and specific understanding of mainframe networking concepts and processes.
- Knowledge of SMP/E or maintenance routines if applicable
- Knowledge in JCL
- Knowledge of system IPL processes
- Knowledge of ISPF/TSO
- Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Project
- Ability to collaborate effectively with global counterparts and colleagues.
Location and Standard Working Hours
- US based office location
- Conway AR, or Downers Grove IL
- US First Shift 8am – 5pm Central