We are currently seeking a dynamic Global IT Asset Manager to join our team in Burlington, NC. The Asset Manager will report to the IT Director within the End User Computing team and will have overall responsibility for the global IT asset management program.
The Global IT Asset Manager will be the subject matter expert for managing IT Software Lifecycle and Compliance processes and will lead a team of 3-5 professionals.
Must have a demonstrated track record and ability to interpret and analyze complex licensing agreements for major software publishers including Microsoft, Micro Focus, Oracle, Citrix and IBM.
The Global IT Asset Manager must be passionate about offering strategic solutions to help solve business problems and taking a leadership role in achieving goals and objectives. This is a working IT position, meaning that the incumbent will be responsible for work while also managing the department.
- Define the global strategy and processes necessary for the effective management, control and protection of Software and Hardware assets within the Enterprise.
- Oversee all activity associated with creating and maintaining Net License Position (NLP) for key software publishers. Includes understanding data requirements for discover, entitlements and managing software license pools including reclamation.
- Manage all phases of IT Software and Hardware Lifecycle Management (Catalog, Request, Fulfillment, Reclamation, and Retirement) along with all software compliance and audit support requirements.
- Develop strategy for the implementation of new digital tools and the optimization of existing digital tools to support processes.
- Define and implement metrics and reporting to document the effectiveness of IT Asset Management processes and activities.
- Role requires extensive interaction, coordination, and partnership with IT Executives, IT Department Heads, Business Leaders, Procurement, Legal, and Finance groups.
- Define and implement process for "software audit readiness".
- Oversee all activity required to implement and maintain a complete and accurate hardware asset database.
- Implement and support strategies and processes that optimize the customer experience.
Experience and Skills
- 8-10 years of progressive experience in IT with an emphasis around Software Asset Management.
- Through leadership in market and industry intelligence.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize tasks based on the needs of stakeholders.
- Ability to leverage critical thinking, data analysis, and problem solving skillsets.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and experience with people and processes.
- Ability to influence all levels of the organization.
- Deep understanding of the Asset Management practice and the ability to discuss technical terminology in business terms.
- Manage vendor relationships and take the lead role in negotiating contracts with vendors.
- Experience using Service Now and AppClarity a plus.
Requisition Number 17-83277