IT Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
MISSION / SUMMARY:
The IT Manager for Infrastructure Engineering will be responsible for design, planning, & rollout of IT solutions across the globe; across server & network platforms in the public cloud, as well as Data Centers, including Server Rooms and all equipment therein. The role includes input into the strategic direction and development of the hardware and software standards necessary to support those systems, as well as management and resourcing of the subsequent projects essential for their implementation.
The IT Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the vision and strategy set by the IT Infrastructure Organization is implemented and enforced around our technology platforms, partner with other IT professionals in the business to enable productivity and work closely with the team and various vendors that manages the execution of the strategy.
- Partner with IT professionals to develop and enforce technology infrastructure strategy standards.
- Focus on leveraging public cloud based technologies and formulate architecture roadmaps to enable the shift from on-premise or private cloud.
- Work multiple priorities and projects across different technology and process disciplines.
- Working in cohesion with the architecture teams to develop an overall infrastructure platform & network strategy to ensure that all current and future business requirements are fully supported.
- Provide technical planning support and resources to the company globally and local projects run by Application Management or other Infrastructure Management groups that have an impact on systems in data centers or server rooms across the company
- Ensure all Data Center/Server/Network environments are fit for purpose, regularly checked for any operational issues and maintained in a manner that ensures high availability that meets defined requirements
- The platforms supported include, but are not limited to; Azure Cloud, Cisco networking equipment, Pure and other storage arrays, IBM Power servers running AIX & AS/400, X86, together with their ancillary servers and specific storage arrays and back up equipment, Virtual Server environments hosting a wide array of operating systems including but not limited to Windows, and Linux.
- WAN/LAN/Voice and Video platforms; Internet & Intranet; 3rd Party Access;
- Lead in continuous improvement of the design and ongoing development of the Data Centre environment to ensure that it is highly available and reliable.
- Develop & design future solutions/ improvements for suitable backup and disaster recovery solutions to meet the business needs of the applications running on the infrastructure. This may range from simple daily backups taken off site to a full Disaster Recovery solution to cloud based backup technology.
- Provide input and support mechanisms for traffic monitoring, assessment and demand forecasting
- Work with cross platform technical teams, identify gaps, execute remediation plans, streamline processes and coordinate all technical level and service delivery support activities. Providing technical support in the diagnostic and restoration of various components of the hosting & network platforms.
- Identify areas of process improvement to improve service performance, stability, and costs
- Engage in the Enterprise Architecture governance model as part of the Global Technical Review Board and manage new technology introductions.
- Deliver infrastructure projects on time and on budget on a consistent basis.
- Develop and deliver global operations monitoring dashboards, troubleshooting and escalation mechanisms for on premise and cloud based systems.
- Bachelor?s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8-10 years total experience, including time spent in a 24/7 high-availability multi-site global enterprise environment, including application hosting, voice and data networks, security and information protection.
- Successful track record of self-managing and delivering the enterprise scale projects.
- Background in management of global, large scale, complex and diverse systems environments.
- Experience transforming infrastructure environment from traditional, in-house centric models to global, distributed and cloud centric architecture.
- Strong ITIL and governance background.
- Vendor management.
- Ability to operate and deliver in high pace environment.