As part of the Global ERP team, this position will manage internal and lead a consultant team to work with Bio-Rad colleagues worldwide. Working closely with the Global ERP Business Workstream teams this manager will be responsible to document, design, development, unit test, and implementation all SAP development WRICEF (workflow, reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, forms, and extensions) objects for the portfolio of SAP products.
This person will build a development team that will collaborate with other teams to design, build, test and deliver solutions using the NetWeaver technologies and integrations to legacy systems.
The manager will be accountable for the quality of the development, ensuring the work is on schedule, technical reviews are complete, and that the development objects are optimal and meet business requirements. Additionally, the manager establishes, maintains and ensures adherence to development standards and procedures.
The position requires an Application Development manager that is a well-rounded leader, understands the importance and value of leading a development team, is analytical with strong business knowledge and vision, has a demonstrated working knowledge of industry best development processes and practices, strong management skills, and the ability to be hands-on with a desire to “dive into the details”, as needed. Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience.
- The position will focus on all aspects of the development and processes; below are a few of major areas:
- WRICEF (workflow, reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, forms, and extensions.)
- NetWeaver middleware - Process Integration (PI).
- Intermediate Document (IDOC) interfaces.
- User exit programming.
- Unit Testing.
- BW/BI data extracts.
- ABAP (Advanced Business Application Programming.)
- Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW.)
- Module Pool.
- SAPScript, Smartforms.
- Work with project team and IT stakeholders globally to:
- Ensure developed solutions meet business requirements.
- Lead the establishment of sustainable governance model and processes for Bio Rad’s SAP development standards.
- Develop a plan to deliver the WRICEF objects.
- Collaborate on strategies for interfacing SAP Netweaver with Oracle WebLogic Enterprise Service Bus.
- Manage consultancy partner to ensure 3rd party offshore team adheres to established standards, schedule, quality, and delivery for software objects.
- The position must utilize a broad business and IT perspective and work effectively with multiple areas of the organization, including:
- Other process area managers on the ERP team.
- Key managers and stakeholders throughout the company.
- External consultants.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or commensurate experience.
- Experience with systems implementation and/or process transformation.
- The candidate must have experience in establishing development governance models, processes and documenting SAP development standards.
- Five (5) or more years of SAP ABAP development experience with at least two full cycle SAP implementations and 2 years of production support experience.
- Relevant Life Science industry experience with experience with SOX and cGxP is highly desired.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in a personnel management role, with a strong record of building and managing teams through leadership, direction, coaching and mentoring.
- Provide effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience.
- Proficiency with all the elements of ABAP/4 language:
- Report writing such as Classical and Interactive Reports, Dialog Programming, BDC (Batch Data Communication), SAPScripts/Smartforms, LSMW, User Exit, Function Modules, Business Add-Ins (BADI' s), ABAP Query, Workflow, Business Application Programing Interface (BAPI), Remote Function Call (RFC), and Application Link Enabling (ALE)/IDOC.
- Development experience in major functional areas; proficiency in the use of ABAP Development Workbench and Performance Tools is required.
- Deep knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and ITIL especially Change Management practices.
- Sound business and IT acumen.
- A “Project Management” mindset for working in a high paced “Design, Build, Test, Implement” environment.
- Previous experience on project teams with a proven ability to work under time constraints while meeting critical milestones
- Proven leader that builds and fosters open working team environments.
- Experience with international business processes and relationships a strong plus.
- MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
- Direct Bio-Rad employee management and leadership of 3 – 5 employees and management of 15 – 25 external consultants.
- Work activities and distribution.
- 25% – Team Leadership: Manage day-to-day team activities, Personnel Development and Performance Management.
- 50% – Strategic Project & Program Management: Lead major activities related to SAP Mariposa projects, as well as, significant business impact enhancements.
- 15% – Business Relationship Management: Partner with key Executive and Director level leaders within the GIT Leadership function globally in order to help with the prioritization of Business Owner roadmap activities and align program objectives.
- 10% – Incident and Request escalation.
- Direct responsibility for a department budget of $0.6M to $1.0M annually.
- Oversees and approves the external consultant budget of $3.5M - $4.0M annually.
- The ideal candidate must:
- Think cross-functionally.
- Make sound business decisions and understand the impact of those decisions on the broader organization.
- Be an ambitious self-starter and manage multiple task assignments.
- Possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Be a strong team builder.
- Work well in pressure and ambiguous situations.
- Have demonstrated working with business teams to formulate actionable plans and solutions.
- Ability to think strategically and then converting strategy into tactical execution.
- Ability to establish critical relationships throughout the company and to build trust and credibility throughout the organization.
- Ability to effectively, succinctly, and confidently communicate team decisions to all levels of the organization with the appropriate level of detail (verbal, written, and presentation.)
- Ability to travel on average 30%, including international, with the ability to travel extensively as project needs require.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaborate closely with others to accomplish business objectives.
- Fluency in a second language, especially French, a strong plus
Requisition ID 2018-6355