At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The IT Manager of Identity and Access Management (IAM) has primary responsibility for the management and operation of Identity and Access Management systems and tools. Responsible for the overall strategic direction of IAM functions while adhering to established standards and policies throughout the enterprise. Provides leadership direction and subject matter expertise on all aspects of IAM including innovation, development, implementation, ongoing account lifecycle, platform identity management, and administration. Provides advice to management concerning the application of computing techniques to technical and business problems. Assigned area(s) of responsibility are activities of moderate complexity and impact.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of the key principles of Identity and Access Management with an in-depth knowledge of authentication, authorization, implementation, and governance.
- Maintains working knowledge of multifactor authentication (MFA) architectures and multiple access management systems (PAM, SSO, IAG, IAM).
- Develops and prepares budgets, project plans including scheduling, costs, resources, and other operational concerns.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to take highly technical information and present to all levels of management, technical staffs, and business/professional contacts.
- Analyzes business systems specifications.
- Defines and documents product requirements, project deliverables, and product acceptance criteria.
- Interfaces with clients in identifying needs.
- Develops feasibility studies and business proposals for hardware/software solutions.
- Plans business and related technical training for new technologies and processes.
- Advises and directs staff on resolving production and testing problems.
- Manages and administers projects and service requests.
- Advises management on these matters.
- Ensures adherence to Bank and information systems policies and procedures, security measures, and audit standards.
- Supervises installation of vendor solutions and maintenance.
- Instructs personnel and verifies the quality of performance.
- Anticipates operational/techincal needs and develops plans to ensure system/user's needs are met.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, or other technology related degree – or a minimum of 10 years of cybersecurity or IT experience with and IAM focus in lieu of a degree.
- Required License(s) or Certifications in CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional OR GIAC – Global Information Assurance Certification preferred - Preferred.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of Identity and Access Management typically obtained through experience.
- Requires 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Sailpoint experience preferred.
- Previous project management experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work with little guidance.
- Experience in a regulated industry highly desirable; financial services preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills; must be resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven and adaptable.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.