How would you like to work for a great company that offers career growth and values your skills and experience? For over 150 years, Commerce Bank has built a strong reputation as a “Super Community” bank and is recognized as an industry leader. In today's growing and competitive financial services industry, we look for creative and innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers. To achieve our results, we recruit the best and brightest employees who ask, listen and solve to meet our customers’ needs!
Primary job duties of an IT Manager I:
Directs the daily activities of a dedicated project team along with supporting the overall Development Services team. The Manager is responsible for staff hiring decisions as well as annual reviews, individual development planning, and career guidance for direct reports. The Manager is expected to set SMART objectives, ensure performance expectations are communicated effectively, and both performance problems and exceptional performance are identified and dealt with appropriately. Additional responsibilities include supporting the IT needs of multiple business units, ensuring the team provides timely and quality estimates for business service requests, identifying and performing timely risk mitigation when necessary, and delivering high quality solutions on schedule. The Manager also ensures the team adheres to and follows all Bank policy, standards, and processes. The Manager is expected to have the knowledge and skill to contribute to the establishment and execution of both tactical and strategic plans and to have the knowledge and maturity to escalate problems beyond their scope to the appropriate level of the organization for resolution. Duties also include ensuring the team develops and executes continuous improvement plans, acting as an agent of change when necessary, and maintaining high stability in the areas of their responsibility. The Manager maintains financial responsibilities for an individual cost center, including preparation and tracking of an annual budget and ensuring expenses are managed within budget. The Manager is responsible for collaborating with peers across the Shared Services Department to solve problems, identify and make improvements where necessary, and contribute to the overall success of the entire department. The Manager is expected to demonstrate a true partnership with their business counterparts in order to provide the best products, services, and support possible for customers of the Bank.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Education: Bachelor degree in Information Systems or equivalent
• At least 3 to 5 years experience in an IT managerial position with 5 or more direct reports
• Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision
• Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Strong communication skills
• Project management skills
• Strong decision making skills
• Experience with Software Development Life Cycle
• Experience with High Availability Systems/Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Management
• Experience in a development role is preferred, utilizing one or more of the followingtechnologies/languages:Java, understanding of SOA concepts and practices, object-oriented technology, Web applications