About the job
Epic is looking for an IT Manager to join our growing team. You will charter and lead Epic's internal IT function and help build a culture around giving everyone the tools they need to succeed. We are seeking someone who has a passion for getting things done, takes ownership, has great attention to detail, and is committed to being a valuable resource to employees throughout our growing organization. This is a high-touch, employee-centric role that will provide an incredible opportunity for growth, experience, and visibility to all areas of IT.
While we have Covid restrictions, the role will be mostly remote, with some travel to our Redwood City, CA office required. As Covid restrictions are lifted, you will be expected to come into the office.
What You'll Do
- You will drive the IT strategy and vision for the company, and set up the foundations for every business function to succeed.
- You will be responsible for creating a responsive, effective, and pleasant support experience for all areas your team manages.
- The person we bring on will be focused on maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring each department has their technical needs fulfilled, and driving various org-wide projects.
What We're Looking For
- You have experience architecting and evolving systems and processes (account management, hardware provisioning, office services, security considerations) at a rapidly scaling company.
- You are comfortable being the escalation point for issues concerning all core IT systems — account and service management, device provisioning, office networking and device management, helpdesk support, AV support, etc
- You have great communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- You have built and managed teams at startups before
- You have experience rolling out company wide practices and processes—e.g., end user services, security, compliance and workplace services — where they didn't exist before.
- Familiarity with MacOS, SOC II compliance and office build-outs.