The IT Manager is accountable for communicating, planning and providing leadership to their assigned team. IT Managers provide direction to project and functional resources within and outside their reporting structure, gather, support and develop the resources needed to execute the plan, champion the tactical direction of work and remove barriers within their sphere of influence. The IT Manager leads cross function initiatives, projects and discussions and is relied upon to anticipate and mitigate cross functional issues. The IT Manager is accountable for providing thorough subject area expertise in assigned area. The IT Manager is accountable for performance management and salary administration for their team as well as assisting with career development planning, coaching, training and teambuilding.
Required Work Experience
- 3+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education. Experience Details: Direct people management
- Required Management Experience: 3+ years direct supervisory/management experience
- Required Education: Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience IT related field
Additional Required Qualifications
- Experience with enrollment, billing and or member payment capabilities
- Understanding the details and the controls of the process
- Experience supporting business case planning (must have experience within IT Projects/ helping/ putting together what capabilities and providing forecasts and times lines etc..)
- Highly refined communication skills including ability to negotiate, build consensus, clearly articulate to technical and non-technical audiences, communicate difficult messages in a professional and productive manner, excellent presentation and facilitation competence and ability to represent IT as a leader in cross-functional discussions/initiatives
- Strong knowledge of and experience with SDLC
- Ability to build trust and strategic partnerships with assigned business area contacts, project teams and leadership to facilitate two-way communication
- Ability to understand overall IT strategy and apply/implement IT strategy in assigned projects/initiatives
- Expert-level ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately at all levels and audiences
- Deep, thorough understanding of business processes being supported
- Successful experience leading people
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Working experience with Python
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Mongo and Kafka
- Experience using Agile methodology
- Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
- Experience mentoring and coaching other leaders
The Skills You Bring
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Provides subject-matter-expertise and management within their assigned area.
- Proactively identifies, implements and manages process improvements and agile solutions within functional area.
- Leads cross-functional discussions/initiatives to anticipate and mitigate issues and achieve required outcomes within required timeframes.
- Sets, articulates and oversees achievement of goals for assigned work-unit/sub-unit/function.
- Responsible for direct oversight of staff, tactical execution and implementation of operational plans.
- Provides thorough subject matter expertise within assigned area and makes recommendations senior leadership to contribute to IT strategy.
- Prepares thorough and articulate executive summaries for senior leadership.
- Participates in ad hoc workgroups supporting IT strategy.
- Influences, interacts and makes decisions impacting across assigned disciplines, capabilities, services, technologies, domains or systems.
- Collaborates decisions with senior IT leadership.
- Ensures adherence to practices, procedures, precedents, policy and senior leadership direction.
- Tracks and ensures that expenses fall within budget.
General Physical Demands
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
- Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.