IT Manager, Financial Services Platforms
Be part of the IT leadership team for COUNTRY Financial. The IT Manager, Financial Services (FS) Platforms position leads a team responsible for Financial Services platforms and technologies.
As leader of the team responsible for the overall technology platform environment for our Financial Services Organization, you will support several major initiatives by performing life health and investment services’ platform support and maintenance.
This position leads a large team including core staff and contractors, both on and off-shore.
- Collaborates with business and/or ITS partners to provide service.
- Manages and develops staff.
- Oversees projects.
- Demonstrates sound financial management.
- Creates, maintains, and communicates department plans.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans and activities in assigned areas. Maintains current contact information for all employees in applicable areas and communicates with non-recovery employees during a disaster.
- Protects the privacy of our customers’ data in the performance of job duties and operational activities.
- Follows corporate policy and procedures related to the access, use, distribution, protection, and destruction of client and company confidential data.
- Fosters the highest level of commitment among our people through transparent communication about business challenges, successes and results.
- Creates an environment which encourages people to think, behave, take action and control work and make decisions autonomously to attain clear goals.
- Takes personal responsibility for making tough decisions, meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved
- Skills may be acquired from college-level courses, formal information technology and insurance education, and experience with ITS and insurance company operations.
- At least 5 years of directly-related work experience.
- Possesses current knowledge of information technology concepts including application development, hardware platforms, operating systems, technical services, security, etc.
- Possesses good understanding of insurance, financial services and Company operations.
- Experience leading or managing application development teams.
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills with the ability to define value, drive efficiency, and develop technical roadmap.
- Possesses knowledge of assigned business function/applications/technologies.
- Possesses broad knowledge of Company business applications and technologies.
- Previous experience in managing and supporting life health and investment services technologies.
- Previous experience with managing onshore/offshore contractors.
Job Number: 170442.