IT Manager - Digital Solutions
Premera is a leading health plan in the Pacific Northwest, providing comprehensive health benefits and tailored services to more than 2 million people, from individuals to Fortune 100 companies. Premera is committed to improving customers’ lives by making healthcare work better. Join us.
The Manager IT Digital Solutions provides leadership to the team in the Digital Services department responsible for Mobile Solutions, Customer Feedback Solutions, Enterprise Services Solutions and otherdigital solutions. Provides leadership, coordination and strategic planning to accomplish department/corporate goals and objectives. Serves as a role model for Premera's Leadership Values and Digital Services key tenets. Reports to the Director of Digital Solutions.
For this particular opening our desire is for a software development manager with strong experience in microservices architectures, Azure cloud services, SecDevOps agile operating model, and extreme programming (XP) technical practices. Looking for someone with a strong start-up mentality with a track record of attracting and retaining great talent.
What you’ll do
- Manage, motivate, coach and develop employees in a variety of information technology disciplines. Grow and mentor individual contributors to their peak performance.
- Have technology accountability for one or more digital solutions.
- Maintain and demonstrate technical competence in the technology used for the creation of digital solutions. Contribute directly to execution of software development - hands-to-keyboard.
- Ensure development practices and mindsets are followed and quality levels maintained, keeping abreast of technological developments and approaches.
- In conjunction with the Director of Digital Solutions, foster a continually improving operating culture for Digital Solutions consistent with the goals of Premera's IT function.
- Provide leadership, with support of the Director of Digital Solutions and in partnership with business peers, for small to enterprise level initiatives.
- Responsible for the interpretation, communication, and understanding of department and company goals, mission and philosophy to employees. Provide consistent performance feedback.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or four (4) years’ experience.
- Five (5) years’ application development experience including production system responsibilities and digital product design, development, and testing experience in digital product environments.
- Five (5) years’ experience managing people and leading teams.
- Ability to be on-call for after-hours work commitments in support of production requirements.
What we offer:
- Industry competitive salaries
- Exceptional Medical, vision and dental options
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (Yes! This includes a pension!)
- Workplace wellness programs
- Time off to reenergize
- Free parking
- And MORE