IT Manager - Business Solutions Architect | Manufacturing Information Systems
Essential Job Functions Business Partnership (50%) Strategic Mindset
- High Impact Outcomes (ROI)
- Thought Leader (Strategic Point of View and Solution Roadmaps)
- Proactive Partner (Driving vs. Reacting)
- Solution Architecture in Context (Present, Near Future, Long Term)
- Take an Immersed Position in the Operational Landscapes
- Skilled in Bi-Lingual Communication (Business Conversations with Business Partners, Technical Conversations with Technology Partners)
- Earn Respect of Business and Technology Stakeholders
- Develop Strategic Partnerships
- Secure Alignment on Solutions and Priorities
- Lead, Manage and Hold Team Members Accountable for Delivering Desired Results
- Recruit, Train and Develop a High Performing Team of Business and Quality Assurance Analysts
- Set Vision for Solution Architecture Landscape
- Develop and Refine Strategic Roadmaps
- Prepare and Present Executive Alignment and Business Case Presentations
- Optimize Functional Budget Utilization
- Effectively Manage 3rd Party Vendor Partnerships
Values and Culture Ambassador
- Company Values in Action
- Solutions Speed and Agility
- Ownership in the Outcome
- Enjoy Delivering Amazing Solutions to our Internal and External Customers
Business Analysis and Solution Architecture (40%)
- Understand and Assess the Operational Landscape
- Develop a Strategic Point of View
- Collaborate with Stakeholders to Identify Pain Points and Opportunities
- Define ROI and Business Impact
- Build Priority Alignment
- Identify Key Stakeholders and Shared Ownership in Outcomes
- Define Required Outcomes for Success
- Document Project Requirements and Current State Process Flows
- Rapidly Prototype Solutions
- Gain Solution Architecture Alignment and Sign-Off
- Finalize Business Requirements Document and Project Plan
- Align with Technical Architects on Business Solution and Data Requirements
- Manage Projects to Ensure Deliverables and Timelines are Met
- Prepare Unit, Systems Integration and User Acceptance Test Plans
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing, Training and Production Launch Schedules
- Post Production Launch Support and Continuous Improvement
Enterprise Technology and Data Ecosystem Governance and Alignment (10%)
Governance and Alignment
- Collaborate and Ensure Alignment on Solution Architecture with Enterprise Technology and Data Ecosystem Vision, Strategies and Protocols
- Strong Working Knowledge of Systems and Data Security Best Practices
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• Demonstrated strong analytical and solution architecture skills required, including a thorough understanding of data architecture and how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application, data and operational requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to professionally interact with and influence a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Strong facilitation and presentation skills along with relationship building skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and manage small to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
• Must be self-motivated, have strong desire to learn, and be adaptable to a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
• High degree of professionalism and a project management experience/style that promotes progress through teamwork in a collaborative environment, using best practice methodologies like agile or waterfall.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of systems supporting manufacturing and supply chain processes. Knowledge of logical and database programming languages are desired, PL/SQL or SQL data query experience is strongly desired.
• As an expert Senior Business Analyst and Solution Architect, possesses the ability to start quick, take charge, and generate a positive impact immediately.
• Ability to travel on occasion (approximately 10%)
Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related discipline desired.
• Hands on experience in gathering, documenting, and communicating project business requirements using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, as well as prototyping (Axure) or other appropriate software.
• 10+ years of experience in software development life cycle, including business process and requirements documentation, analysis, design, system construction, testing, training, communication planning and deployment (concept to deployment).
• Demonstrated experience in implementing and supporting custom integrated, enterprise and 3rd party packaged software and web solutions, preferably in an agile environment.
• Experience with business operations or systems development
• Experience writing PL/SQL or SQL
• Experience in managing complex projects, familiarity and experience in using Project Management software, such as Microsoft Project is a significant plus.
• Technical proficiency/familiarity with applicable software to support the internal customer.