Job Purpose/ Role
The role is responsible for management and oversight for area of specialization by leading a senior team or sub-function. The IT Manager will interface with the Global AGCS business and 3rd party vendors, while contributing to the global IT objectives and keeping the focus on the regional day to day operations.
- Day to day management of senior specialists/developers/architects and other team leaders that are geographically dispersed, ensuring continuity of process and service.
- Delegate tasks to team in order to achieve overall results and act as point of escalation for issues.
- Manage to the approved budget.
- Coordinate the team and abide by the AGCS staff management procedures (i.e., success factors) and communicating strategy.
- Ability to develop and positively influence key, strategic position holders across multiple locations and functions.
- Manage 3rd party service providers.
- Work with the providers concerning capacity management and service levels, including AMOSA.
- Conduct analysis on whether IT policies/standards are being utilized, follow up and apply in cases where necessary.
- Report to IT management on results.
- Implement Group initiatives, standards, and policies and evolve the services provided.
- Monitor team's adherence to ICOFR controls.
- Analyze, study or examine data on SLAs, Incidents, RCAs, Work Requests, etc. in detail, and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Manage to avoid failures and resolve in timely manner.
- Evaluate existing systems/processes as required for efficiency and quality.
Key Requirements/ Skills
- Minimum 5 years' professional IT experience, ideally in Financial Services;
- Prior experience managing diverse teams with proven results;
- Understanding of IT operational processes, process improvement methodologies, application landscape and domain;
- Knowledge of SDLC (Software development life cycle)/ITIL processes, when applicable;
- Proficiency in application lifecycle management tools like ServiceNow and Clearcase, as well as release management tools;
- Significant change and release experience working within a large multicultural organization;
- Project Management skills with the ability to manage diverse stakeholders and project resources, steering and controlling;
- Managing providers concerning performance, SLAs and innovation;
- Understanding of the design principles of mainframe, client server, web applications, middleware technologies, service oriented applications and configuration based tools;
- Experience working internationally;
- Experience remotely managing and developing regional teams across numerous locations;
- Track record in developing strategic plans and solutions based on extensive consultation and assessment;
- Ability to develop, implement and communicate strategies to address important trends or changes in the business;
- Contribute to budgeting and cost controlling processes;
- Ability to express ideas and messages clearly, both written and verbally;
- Ability to "sell" an improvised or prepared audience winning story;
- Ability to transition individuals, teams, and the whole organization from a current state to a desired future state;
- University degree in Information Systems, Information Management or equivalent combination of education and experience; and
- Professional IT qualification preferred (e.g., ITIL certification).