Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Services IT, this position is an integral part of the Global IT M&A team. As a leader within the Enterprise Services Global IT M&A team, this individual will partner with peers in the Business Services, Infrastructure, and Application organizations to conduct due diligence activities related to domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. This position leads IT M&A Governance for assigned integrations and divestitures partnering with assigned integration leaders and the Corporate Integration Management Office (IMO). Responsibilities also include the creation and management of Transition Services Agreements (TSAs) and active participation to continually improve IT M&A processes, due diligence assessments, and alignment with the changing IT environments.
- Leads assigned due diligence IT assessments, producing risk analysis, integration costs, and synergy opportunities with assigned Global IT Shared Services Leaders, reporting the results to CIOs and Business Development Leaders.
- Ensures appropriate financial analyses and input to deal models based upon understanding of target’s IT environment, infrastructure, and Stanley Black & Decker talent and technology roadmaps.
- Partners with other M&A leaders within Global IT, Corporate Business Development, and Corporate IMO to create and manage Transition Service Agreements (TSAs).
- Leads the transition from Due Diligence to M&A integration delivery teams.
- Leads Corporate Integration Management Office’s IT workshops for assigned integrations.
- Governs assigned M&A Integrations ensuring adherence to defined IT strategies, deal model financials, and provides guidance to resolve integration issues and risks.
- Contributes innovative ideas that will continually improve Global IT M&A process to enable integrated business capabilities while maintaining Global IT standards
- Produce IT M&A governance reports
Required Skills & Experience
- Participation on IT M&A integration programs and conducting IT Due Diligence.
- Strong understanding of all talent and technology components, including software and infrastructure, associated with modern-day acquisitions, integrations and divestitures.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with others, to influence based upon knowledge and experience.
- Travel ~10% of the time
Preferred Experience and Education
- Undergraduate business or technology degree and minimum 7 years relevant experience, or
- Graduate degree and minimum 5 years relevant experience in M&A due diligence and acquisition integration.
- Minimum of 5 years of Broad IT Experience that can be applied to aspects of M&A due diligence and acquisition integrations.
- Experience governing the work of others in direct and indirect reporting relationships.
- Experience in financial analysis (including forecasting and financial modeling) and working within cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to partner and communicate at the executive level, able to work independently in a global organization.