Dassault Systèmes is seeking an experienced Linux Systems Engineer with a background in Automation and DevOps to join the AMERICAS based Systems & Storage (IaaS) team.
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world. Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
What will your role be?
Linux and Automation Infrastructure Engineer will join a global project team responsible for researching, defining, implementing, and supporting standards and best practices for LINUX kernel based operating systems.
You will ensure compliance of all of all Americas based endpoints by enforcing those standards and providing advanced technical support to our internal business partners.
Your Challenges ahead
- Maintain and improve the automation infrastructure (Jenkins, Ansible, Git/Gitlab and more) to deliver infrastructure as code.
- Develop new playbooks, roles, code to address requirements.
- Create automation solutions and collaborate with engineers and business groups in IT DevOps environment.
- Define requirements, install & manage production and R&D Linux OS environments.
- Manage authentication to Linux OS via NIS or LDAP.
- Capable of developing useful tools, scripts to automate and ease day to day tasks.
- Investigate and make recommendations for compliance in complex non-standard environments.
- Integrate, certify, and coordinate endpoint compliance on servers and workstations of companies acquired by Dassault Systèmes.
- Participate in scrum, sprint meetings to discuss issues and tasks.
- Proficiency in the simplification of complex ideas in conjunction with documentation creation
- Be self-motivated and eager to learn and understand the environment quickly.
- Ability to resolve new, complicated technical problems via self-research and/or vendor support
- Mentor and guide fellow junior colleagues as needed.
Your key success factors
- Your background demonstrates a particular interest in complex technical issues in various environments.
- You have experience or a strong motivation for the concept of IT service automation.
- You have a minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar position related to enterprise administration of Linux distros including:
- Red Hat Enterprise
- Proactive, affable, and collaborative approach to developing and maintaining internal partnerships
- Customer centric focus with an emphasis of delivering world class customer experience
- Excellent communication skills ranging from tech-talk to business talk
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills, combined with a willingness to learn
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally and/or internationally <5%
- Conferred Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or technical equivalent
Plusses, not required
- M.S in Computer Science Engineering or a related discipline
- 7-10+ years of progressive IT experience within a large matrix global organization
- 4 - 6 years of hands on experience in creating/managing Ansible playbooks, roles, Jenkins, Git
- Extensive hands-on experience in developing tools using languages like bash shell, Python, PowerShell etc.
- Hands on experience in administering an on premise Gitlab and CI/CD processes.
- Kubernetes and Docker knowledge/experience highly welcome.
- Knowledgeable in VMware ESXi and NSX and networking concepts (TCP/IP, Routing, Layer-2 Adjacency, etc.)
- Understanding SAN environment for virtual and physical servers.
- Experience deploying enterprise detection and response software
- Knowledge of Network Access Control software (Forescout or equivalent)
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot applications & environment issues.
- Achieves performance goals and objectives in line with the team wide vision and goals.