We're looking for future IT leaders to join our data center campus in Colorado Springs, CO. We operate in fast-paced, global teams of internal professionals and external consultants where everyone is focused on results with uncompromising integrity. You'll be challenged and motivated, but most of all, your enthusiasm and your creativity will inspire us to consider new ideas and elevate our IT standards. Your unique combination of technical acumen, interpersonal skills and excellent communications will propel you to influential roles that shape the future of Agilent's world class IT architecture.
The successful candidate for the position will manage the delivery of information technology services and lead key organizational processes to meet business needs. The server landscape includes over 3000 servers (about 80% virtualized) running primarily Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and IBM AIX - all integrating with NetApp, EMC or local disk storage. These servers are hosting database technologies like Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres & MySQL. Working with other teams around the world, you will identify, qualify, recommend and support server requirements. You will also manage end-to-end monitoring strategy for these servers that focuses on availability, performance, quality and business outcomes. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to research, develop, test, document, deploy and maintain all aspects of private & public cloud technologies.
Here is what you'll get to do related to servers:
- Coordinate IT operations of the Unix server environment (patching, upgrades, troubleshooting, downtime planning, etc.) between end-users and IT administrators.
- Manage major versions of RHEL 5, 6, 7, 8; Oracle Linux, AIX
- Assist with cloud operational and security support and projects
- Automate platform operations using modern software development and systems management methodologies.
- Work with tools to automate critical aspects of systems and services, configuration management (Chef).
- Work with teams to develop and maintain robust problem handling for operational support.
- Ensure infrastructure is used efficiently and effectively & bring innovative ideas to improve uptime, operations, performance & support.
- Drive productivity improvements in our server environment while maintaining business continuity & performance
- Oversee a technical team of administrators responsible for day-to-day server operations
- Ensure compliance standards, policies & regulations (e.g. architecture, security, SOX, FDA, PII, Privileged Access Management)
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures
- Be an advocate for existing standards, policies and procedures while pushing for innovation & improvements
- Develop reports for senior management and key stakeholders
- Lead and coordinate development of periodic upgrades to the server systems which may also include migration to the public cloud
- Provide guidance for ongoing corrective and preventative maintenance to improve reliability and availability of the servers
Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or MIS (or related field).
4-5 years of in-depth knowledge of:
- Experience with Linux, HP-UX and AIX Server including clustering, patching, monitoring, backup, security
- Oracle, IBM & Red Hat Virtualization
- Experience with Cisco UCS, Dell and HCI hardware
- Experience with patching strategies and tools such as Ivanti & Satellite
- Knowledge of IT Security industry best practices
- Knowledge of DevOps concepts, configuration management and/or infrastructure as code s using a continuous delivery pipeline like Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef Automate is a major plus
- Experience/knowledge with Public Clouds (AWS, Azure) and Cloud Management Platforms (RedHat Cloud Forms, CloudBolt, RightScale, Scalr, Embotics vCommander, etc.) a plus
- Experience with version control (Git and Bitbucket) a plus
- Must be able to work globally with a team of subject matter experts who direct activities of an outsourced support team in day to day incident management as well as day to day maintenance activities and projects.
- Able to assist in managing/driving resolution of incidents impacting the Critical Production Environment.
- Must be willing to adjust hours of availability according to Agilent priorities to address matters of urgency that occur during non-standard working hours; occasional week-end and holiday coverage will be required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytical and organizational skills with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, results driven environment.