$150K — $200K *
Provide input to network engineering design, drawings, specification, documentation, integration, installation, configuration, and support of Wi-Fi networks across Ross Stores locations.
Function as a liaison and subject matter expert in the area of Wi-Fi network technologies to collaborate with engineers from other IT functions on solution development.
Develop, present and drive the support of internal and cross-functional integrated Wi-Fi networking technology.
A solid understanding of current WLAN network operating systems, network equipment, and networking protocols is essential. The individual must be experienced in large enterprise Wi-Fi network support functions. including understanding radio and authentication protocols, onboarding systems and network access control (NAC) systems.
Specific duties include:
• Configure and maintain onboarding and NAC systems related to wireless access
• Provide technical leadership and mentorship to Wi-Fi network support staff in achieving solutions which require expertise in techniques or technical knowledge associated with the network environment, and associated subsystems.
• Function as a liaison and subject matter expert in the area of Wi-Fi network and technology to collaborate with engineers from other IT functions on support development.
• Establishing and enforcing network technology environment by maintaining system configurations, directing system repair, upholding, documentation system standards
• Provides remote support to end users/customers during incidents, troubleshooting, and fault finding if issues occur.
• Provide technical expertise and work with the other IT organizations to design, develop, and implement Enterprise Wi-Fi Network Infrastructure to support business needs.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for emergencies involving technical problems that affect the ability to support business.
• Be available and response to all emergency “after hour” phone call and text within 30 minutes of being contacted.
• Adhere to all Ross Stores policies and standards.
• The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
• Customer Focus
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Integrity & Trust
• Problem Solving
• Written Communication
• Organizational Agility
• Strategic Agility
• Time Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
• Extensive hands-on in large enterprise Wi-Fi network support.
• Solid Hands-on experience with LAN network infrastructure.
• Hands on experience with Wi-Fi AP and controllers, NAC, 802.11 protocols, WIPS, Security and Policy Management Platform.
• Extensive hands-on with Extreme and Aruba network technology products.
• Experience working with Ethernet packet analyzers such as Wireshark and WildPackets
• Experience with bandwidth analysis, trace routing, TCP/IP Protocol stack etc.
• Ten years verifiable hands-on experience with large WLAN enterprise network engineering or support.
• Ten years hands-on experience with WLAN Support or engineering deployments.
• Ten years hands-on experience with Cisco networking technologies: Router and Switching
• Five years hands-on experience with Cisco Nexus 7000, 5500, and FEX products.
• Extensive hands-on experience with Nexus VDC, vPC, EvPC, and FCoE.
• Five years hands-on experience with Netscaler Load Balancer and Netscaler Access Gateway products.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong customer service experience.
• Ability to effectively communicate with different levels of Ross employees. Including executives, upper management, users and engineering staff.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to take initiative and lead other network engineers in the engineering and implementation of technology.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to use work-enhanced software, including use of project management tools.
Certifications in areas related to network routing and switching: CWNP, or CWSP.
Valid through: 3/8/2021