IT Lead, RPG AS400 Developer / Programmer (RPG IV)
11 - 15 years experience • Business Services
Senior position with 10+yrs of DPI and/or Telecom experience to support and enhance Frontier’s Orders and Billing applications. He / She will be expected to act as a lead and be able to provide team members with design solutions that are integrated with the existing software. Developer must have extensive experience with modern programing techniques. The position is for development to support new and existing applications for Customer Care, Order Entry and Trouble Ticket Entry. This position will include support of projects starting from design, testing, implementation and production support. The accepted candidate will be responsible for creating and updating required technical and change management documentation. This is a senior development role working with Business Engagement, Project Management, Testing, and other technical groups. Some on-call and off-hours support is required.
- Programming Background in: IBM iSeries (AS400) RPG II, RPG III, RPG IV, RPG Free, ILE, CL required.
- Database: DB2 – SQL required.
- Development Tools: RDI, Turnover, XAnalysis, Razor SQL, HAWKEYE desired.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies and lifecycle processes.
- 5+ years experience with RPG/API development concepts, object oriented design, web service development and service oriented architectures.
- Must possess excellent communications skills to be able to work within the internal IT and business organizations as well as our outside vendors.
- Telecom industry background is desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills, both technical and user focused.
- Minimum of Bachelors in Computer Science or related degree
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented and self-managing
- Ability to provide design and high level project estimates
Job Location ROCHESTER, New York, United States