From a staff position, and under very limited supervision, functions as a member of various multi-disciplinary teams with complex assignments in Clinical and Business Information Technologies. Demonstrates expert analytical skills and extensive clinical and business knowledge with expertise in one or more of these areas. Independently designs, develops, enhances, and tests complete systems of complex Information Technology systems using various tools in support of business and clinical operations. Takes initiative and exercises independent judgment to resolve urgent problems. Acts with broad authority when necessary to resolve emergencies. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
- Implements, upgrades and supports Kronos Time Keeping and Scheduler application.
- Troubleshoots and resolves reported system and application problems in the test and production environments.
- Documents and describes process and procedures relating to current and future systems and workflows.
- Deploys standard application workflows develop for moderately complex processes.
- Works collaboratively with customers to determine information and data requirements.
- Evaluates and reports on a variety of topics, sometimes complex in nature.
- Provides guidance to customers on the way to maximize return on investment for their applications.
- Educates clients and creates related documentation as necessary.
- Works with internal teams to develop business decisions.
- Uses professional knowledge and independent judgment in making decisions or recommending a course of action.
- Demonstrates service excellence and positive interpersonal relationships in dealing with others, including patients/families/members, employees, managers, medical staff, volunteers, and community members, so that productivity and positive relations are maximized.
- Mentors other professionals in the team for use of tools, techniques, and analysis skills.
BA/BS in Computer Science, Healthcare, Business or a related field;
AAS in Computer Science, Healthcare, Business or related field;
High School diploma or GED.
Must have at least four (4) years of applicable computer programming or experience plus applicable general business or clinical knowledge/training;
Must have at least six (6) years of of applicable computer programming or related experience plus applicable general business or clinical knowledge/training;
Must have at least eight (8) years of applicable IT experience, applicable business or clinical knowledge.
- Ability to understand technical manuals, software specifications, hardware principals and operations, and systems software operations.
- Ability to relate to other members of the organization.
- Knowledge of two or more applicable micro computer and/or mainframe computer application development tools.
- Ability to understand complex verbal and written communications, and respond verbally or in writing as appropriate. Typical mediums of communication include face-to-face dialog, telephone, memos, and electronic mail.
- Ability to read and understand on-line help, technical manuals and other documentation to determine correct action, safety precautions, and other conditions of proper hardware and software operation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, lead others, and to consistently exercise sound judgment and initiative in a wide range of circumstances.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Identifies and plans for current and future Customer requirements. Analyzes complex business and technical problems.
- Designs, develops, tests and documents complex custom application software or directs these activities when necessary.
- Pro-actively reviews, recommends and implements data security, integrity, backup and recovery procedures for entire systems.
- Responds on a 7/24 on-call basis to application and Customer problems; ensures that any problem within his/her ability to correct is addressed in a timely and professional manner.