How this role will make an impact:
- The Innovation Program Manager position is a part of PetSmart’s new IT Innovation Team. This team will be responsible for identifying, shepherding and prototyping ideas that will lead to significant value creation for the organization. This role will be responsible for the facilitating and providing thought leadership to enable the overall ideation to prototyping process including defining, implementing and continuously improving processes that deliver innovative solutions to our colleagues and customers
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- The next 1 to 2 year goals for this role, as an individual contributor, include; establish the innovations program, network across all levels of IT to identify develop & maintain a pipeline of ideas, develop & implement a process to identify & mature ideas that provide significant value, develop cross-org relations that enable successful implementations of viable ideas, pilot the process and successfully develop 2 prototypes with the first year and, lead cross-matrixed resources to successful pilot completions in short (less than 90 days) timeframes.
- Longer term goals for this role include; stabilizing the function, running Innovation as a business with a P&L mindset, providing innovation performance metrics to IT leadership, expanding the outreach of the program to involve business participation
- Key deliverables include -
- Ideas to business case process
- Innovation metrics
- Successful prototypes
- Pipeline of ideas
- Successful implementation of viable ideas
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Under Graduate degree from a leading program. Please highlight if your program had a innovations focus.
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in IT. At least 5 years managing IT programs. Startup & innovations experience a plus.
- Experience in delivering value in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to drive value through collaborative efforts
- Self-starter, go -getter and get-it-done mindset
- Experience working directly with IT-leadership team members
- Experience running IT innovation programs or other IT Program management experience
- Experience in startups & delivering customer facing solutions in short time frames
- Ability to infuse innovation within the organization
- Understanding of the Retail industry
- Understanding of IT capabilities and trends
- Ability to deliver value as a hands-on contributor
- Experience building and leading teams, coaching and mentoring individual contributors.
- Effective presentation skills
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.