We’re looking for experienced IT Infrastructure Test Architects to join our Global Quality Solutions Performance Engineering team with focus on building/operating a Performance Engineering Test Lab and to deliver characterization and verification of existing and future production/test infrastructure. The team is responsible for providing this capability as a shared service for State Street core applications and infrastructure.
You will be part of the team establishing our formal Performance Engineering capability for core applications and infrastructure across the enterprise. This means that you will be responsible for the creation of an overall infrastructure test strategy and establishing measurement criteria, tests and reporting.
You will serve as a technical lead for the IT Infrastructure Test Engineers on the team, coordinate performance and or other test activities, collaborate on the development of a tools roadmap, create, analyze and report on metrics. You will also work closely with, IT Operations, development, delivery leads, QE leads, and architects to ensure that the appropriate quality criteria are met and testing activities deliver value to State Street and its customers. This is a hands-on role developing test plans, scripts, analyzing the results and reporting on same.
- Design, build, operate the Performance Engineering Test Lab
- Characterize, test and report on existing and future IT infrastructure
- Experience with completing SSAE 16 and ISO 27001 Audits
- Experience creating an Infrastructure Assessment Playbook
- Gather performance test requirements and identify the critical business / IT operations processes and associated infrastructure NFRs
- Create workload model and performance test plan / strategy; provide walkthrough to project stakeholders and secure approval
- Recommends tools for testing and engineering activities, and implement as appropriate.
- Simulate workloads, and the hardware, network, and software conditions for performance/resiliency/reliability testing.
- Capture performance metrics to baseline the system performance under load.
- Determine the responsiveness of each system component.
- Predict performance and identify bottlenecks that could arise in the production environment.
- Review production monitoring, identify performance issues and provide solutions / recommendations for performance improvement
- Provide technical leadership to performance testing resources
- Communicate project status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to stakeholders and leadership in a timely manner
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including architects, infrastructure team, software engineers, developers, testers, technical leads, and delivery leads to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline. Master’s degreepreferred.
- 5+ years of IT Infrastructure performance engineering experience at a principal/architect level
- 10+ years of IT infrastructure design and operations experience
- Deep Expertise with Networking, Storage and various chip architectures including intel, IBM (power/z), GPUs, and IAAS platforms
- Micro Services and other application architecture knowledge/experience is a plus
- Experience working with performance test tools
- Windows, Unix/Linux, RHEL, Oracle, SQL experience, RTC,zOS, Teradata, Exadata, Netezza
- Expert level knowledge in Compute, Storage Networking , and Cloud Technologies(AWS, Azure, IBM Softlayer)
- Understanding of basic statistical principles
- Proficiency in data analytics
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well individually and among teams
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools; proficient with Visio, PowerPoint and Project
- Experience operating in a highly regulated industry and under continuous scrutiny from internal/external auditing organization
- Must be willing and able to be located in Eastern Massachusetts, be a work-authorized individual as defined by the US Department of Justice, encompassing U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and lawful temporary residents