IT Infrastructure Team Manager
What Makes Honda The Best?
Are you an innovator? Honda's core values are what make our company unique.
- Dreams : The Power of Dreams mentality drives our team to create intelligent products that enhance mobility and increase the joy in people's lives.
- Joy and Passion : The joy we experience at Honda is fueled by our dreams and passion.
- Challenging Spirit : Honda's challenging spirit pushes us to set and reach ambitious goals. Honda is voluntarily reducing 50% of carbon dioxide emissions in our products by 2050 and developing technology to reduce the number of collisions to zero by 2040.
- Respect for the individual : This core value pushes our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively on a team.
If your goals and values are at the same speed as Honda's, we want you to join our team!
About this position:
Manage infrastructure support team for Virtual Desktop, Program Manager for Infrastructure Technology Refresh Program, and other various third party applications (Lenel Mfg. Security Applications, Host on Demand, Small Application Monitoring Tool NetIQ, & ) for North America.
- Daily Incident, Problem, Change management coordination. Ensure Service Level Agreements evaluated and executed consistently.
- Supervise daily activities for all Infrastructure applications team members. Perform problem analysis and implement resolution where appropriate. Practice and teach TQM methods to all Corporate Support Leads. Perform administrative duties as required. Seek cost down / efficiencies whenever possible.
- Report monthly team QCD, business plan themes to unit & department management
- Ensure strong & consistent communications with all customers at Honda Companies across North America, ensuring operational metrics, change control and business impact is fully understood
- Ensure projects have standard evaluation checkpoints, facilitating preparation & pre-reviewing before customer; IS management review
- Available evenings, weekends for escalated off-hours support coordination when needed
- Participate in budget & business planning, lead responsible themes as assigned
- Keep current, updated with Software technologies & company strategic infrastructure direction
What you need to be successful in this role
- Team communications, workload balancing, prioritize work based on business needs, risk avoidance
- Report on team workload status weekly to mgt., ensure regular team & Associate communications; promote harmonious flow of work
- Evaluate work of direct reports, provide timely constructive feedback; promote open communication & team-work Gather data, analyze and report on monthly QCD metrics
- Past experience leading small teams
- Experience with Problem analysis, availability management, and small projects
- Broad, working knowledge of IT infrastructure hardware & networks
- Problem Management skills
- Some Project management experience
- Vendor management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Clarity & Project Workbench
- Will need to become fluent with coordinating and problem solving
- Proven ability to promote teamwork through a leadership style that fosters collaboration, builds consensus and accountability
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both orally and in writing within multiple levels of the organization
- Customer satisfaction mindset
- Demonstrate ability to understand customer business requirements
- Ability to rotate PDCA effectively
- Honda problem management including working toward root cause and applying appropriate countermeasure
Required Work Experience
- Minimum 6 years of relevant hands-on experience, in Information Technology Infrastructure Technologies
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Infrastructure Management leadership or management experience
- BS/BA in in IS Management, Computer Science, or related coursework, or equivalent combination education and/or work experience
We care about our associates and their wellbeing. We offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive total compensation
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- Flexible and valuable insurance plans
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Onsite automobile service center and wellness center
- Development to further your career
- Discount on Honda products
- Paid time off and paid holidays