Weyerhaeuser is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented, self-directed key contributor to provide a broad range of IT support functions for our Greenville and New Bern North Carolina wood products mills. You will have the opportunity to be a key contributor to the sites success and work in a broad set of end-to-end technology solutions.
The successful candidate will collaborate and innovate with customers and virtual team members to develop IT architectures, develop best practices, and business computing strategies. This role is responsible for the Information Technology Infrastructure at the plant site. The reliability and performance of that infrastructure directly impacts the success of the mill. You will provide front line infrastructure support, as the onsite IT representative in an individual contributor capacity. The focus of this role is to support end users, manage all IT related infrastructure at the facility, and participate in the development and testing of IT infrastructure standards with a larger virtual team.
Success in this position requires developing customer relationships, ensuring end user satisfaction, proficient communication skills (written and verbal), and a commitment to successful results through the cooperation of others.
You will also be a member of a virtual team that spans all Company locations in the US and Canada. As a member of that team you will have the opportunity to work with a virtual team to define and develop the future of the company’s infrastructure by testing, developing and creating standards and contributing to the development of the technology roadmap.
We are seeking a candidate with strong technical skills but we highly value those that demonstrate strong character traits such as curiosity, insight, determination, attitude, aptitude, energy and the desire to succeed. Training will be provided to shore-up competency areas where lacking.
- Demonstrated safety focus
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Three years experience in technical administration of PCs, Printing, Server Management, with demonstrated broad-based technical abilities. Experience in a manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Network skills: Route, Switch, Firewall/Security, Wireless, Circuit Management, Voice, VPN, general infrastructure etc. (Cisco/Meraki)
- Facilitation and problem-solving skills and the ability to learn new technologies in a fast-paced environment
Valued Process Control Skills:
- Experience interfacing with or supporting infrastructure needs of a process-control environment
- PLC Programming Experience / Allen Bradley