Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
This lnfrastructure position is responsible for the concurrent management of one or more small to medium to moderately complex lT lnfrastructure projects. These projects are one-time, multitask jobs that have clearly defined start and end dates, a specific scope of work, a budget, required resources, and a specified performance objective to be achieved. Demonstrates advanced knowledge and technical competence. Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with broad scope and high complexity. Works independently with limited feedback from other Project Managers and supervisor. A Senior lT lnfrastructure Project Manager can also be resourced to support Expert level or higher-level Project Managers on more complex projects and programs.
- As assigned by their supervisor, coaches Associate and Career lT lnfrastructure Project Managers.
- Provides voluntary mentorship to less tenured Project Managers.
- May participate in strategic and financial planning to support management and Principal Project Managers for the planning of upcoming book of work.
- May perform all the functions of Associate and Career lT Project Manager
- Advanced understanding of project management principles and methodologies
- Understanding of PG&E's business, and lT strategies and objectives.
- Workforce planning and resource management skills.
- Ability to function and manage in a matrixed environment.
- Understanding of lT roles and responsibilities at PG&E.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and collaboration skills.
- Skill inventory and database experience.
- Financial Acumen, team player, makes agreements.
- Proficiency in negotiation and risk management.
- Skilled in using lT Methodology and appropriate software tools- currently HP.
- Project and Portfolio Management (PPMC), Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, etc..
- Successful experience managing projects with one or more complex lT lnfrastructure technologies (ex: SONET, DWDM, Fiber, Microwave, etc.).
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Business or Engineering or PMI-Project Management Institute PMP-Project Management Professional certification
- Experience in IT-Information Technology, 4 years
- Experience in project management, 8 years
- PMI-Project Management Institute PMP-Project Management Professional certification
- Competency in applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization goals
- Competency in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Competency in developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Competency in interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions
- Skill in negotiating between stakeholders to reach an agreement
- Knowledge of project management theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level
- Knowledge of workforce planning analytics theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level
- Knowledge of Information Technology (IT) infrastructure technology – for example, SONET, DWDM, Fiber, Microwave, etc. – as need to perform at the job level