We are looking for IT Infrastructure Project Manager for our client in Plano, TX
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Project Manager
Job Location: Plano, TX
Job Type: Contract 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Knowledge of project management methodology to manage a large, medium and small projects
- Expert skill in Microsoft Project to drive project execution
- Experience in making executive level power point presentations and project status reports (Weekly/Monthly progress and status reports.)
- Good change management and leadership skills.
- Proven track record and experience in all project life cycle phases
- Manage multiple work streams, conflicting priorities, differing reporting lines, multi-site projects as well as scope change and risk
- Stakeholder, people management, coaching and leadership skills
- Ability to grasp issues of a business nature and assess the technical impact and vice versa
- Team management experience
- Vendor Management & Procurement related to global projects.
Required Skill Set:
- Manage and deliver projects (multiple), involving the assessment, design, development and implementation of technical or service solutions as required in line with strategy.
- Plan and control projects, including monitoring, issue and risk management, change control & contingency planning whilst maintaining the overall direction and integrity of the project
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent facilitation and collaboration skills
- Excellent customer service and verbal and written communication skills
- Clear understanding of project terminology and methodology
- Adapt to different communication and working styles
- Maintain and Manage Scope, Schedule & Budget constraints
- Directs project team activities by influencing cross functional team members without direct line of authority (daily)
- Effective communication with project sponsor, Manager / Director, in customer organization (weekly)
- Status presentation and Stage Gate approvals with Directors and Sr Directors (Monthly)
- Coordination with IT Services Suppliers to deliver needed IT Services required for project delivery
- Able to work with EPMO to align on key project artifacts and gains alignment on project governance
- Work with your assigned PMO to establish a Workspace in the standard tool used by GPMG at
- the time of project initiation for each assigned project or work effort.
- Distribute, Submit Status reports on weekly basis via email and GPMG work space to Steering
- Committee, Stakeholders and GPMG Leadership.
- Keep Project Milestone dates accurate and reflect business deliverables and Stage Gate dates.
- Maintain an overall project compliance health of 92% comprised of:
- Proactively manage risks, issues, changes and action items leveraging Workspace. The artifacts
- identified in this section should be living documents that are integral to your updates.
- Create and proactively manage a schedule using MS Project or PPM Workplan with all the task
- details behind your project(s) execution. If using MS Project, schedule must be synced with
- Proactively manage the Demand Forecast in PPM by updating the staffing profile each period as
- needed to ensure a 120 day rolling forecast of labor/non-labor demand.