We are looking for IT Infrastructure Project Manager for our client in Palo Alto, CA
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Project Manager
Job Location: Palo Alto, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The Project Manager is directly accountable for the successful implementation of customer IT
- Infrastructure project(s) and is measured against the following success factors: Quality, Schedule, Budget and Customer?s Satisfaction.
Position Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Leads the successful delivery of complex customer IT Infrastructure projects from planning, design to implementation.
- Manages the project from start to completion including the resolution of project risks and issues.
- Manages small to medium or a portion of larger, more complex customer IT Infrastructure
- Provides leadership and management of the project team.
- Ensures project objectives and performance metrics are achieved.
- Ensures that project deliverable meet the requiredquality standards and are accepted by the
- Responsible for the creation and updating of the project schedule and plan with financial,
- resource and material requirements.
- Responsible for regular customer and internal project status and project financial reporting.
- Responsible for organizing and leading project team and project governance team meetings.
- Accountable for the Project Budget.
- Participates in the preparation of proposals and agreements.
- Oversees project staff including project engineers, both on- and off-shore team, vendors,
- partners or subcontractors.
- Presents service business value to customers for new or existing business.
- Capturing key Lessons learnt and Best Practices which can be used to improve AS Service
- delivery performance
- Continuously focuses on project delivery excellence and high level of customer satisfaction.
- Build tight working relationship with CIS offshore delivery teams.
- Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and
- ability to work with customers and teams.
- 10 or more years of IT experience.
- Minimum of 5 yearexperience as an IT Infrastructure Project Manager.
- Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery
- Project Management experience in the deployment of IT Infrastructure technologies focused
- on Enterprise/Cloud- and EUC-Services.
- Completed formal Project Management training and certification.
- Conceptual knowledge of main IT Infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data,
- cloud, EUC and applications).
- Good understanding of project scoping and risk assessment techniques.
- Good negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- An understanding of the legal issues with contracts.
- Typically requires 5+ years project management experience with IT Infrastructure projects.
- Project plan and schedule creation.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently.
Consulting skills required:
- Passionate, persuasive, articulate Infrastructure project management professional capable of
- quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to start and manage complex IT
- Infrastructure projects.
- Strong written, verbal and chalk board skills.
- Experience in working in Prince2 or PMI methodology managed projects.
- Experience in enterprise applications, solutions and data center infrastructures.
- Strong customer-interaction skills.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and excitement with key customer personnel, as well as
- work collaboratively and in a hands-on manner with technical professionals.
- Degrees/Certifications Earned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- PMI, Prince 2 of similar Project Management certification
- ITIL certification is a pre.