Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
About the Position
Invenergy is a growth-oriented company that continues to expand its development of new energy sites. The IT Infrastructure Project Manager will be primarily responsible for executing complex site refresh projects and new IT infrastructure build projects within a program. This role entails managing multiple site and corporate infrastructure projects from inception through completion. The incumbent will drive work, collaboratively, to execute objectives.
- Ensure overall successful project delivery (on-time, on-budget, high quality, meeting business outcomes).
- Interfaces with stakeholders from different parts of the organizations to develop scope, technical requirements and execution plans for new projects.
- Lead projects with overall responsibility for successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling, status reporting and closure.
- Drives activities to achieve measurable outcomes by managing schedule, resource, scope, deliverables, budget, risk, issue, dependency, vendor relationship and communications.
- Collaborates with project and program leads to create any required business cases, project charters, communication plans, delivery timelines, detailed schedules and resources required.
- Provides timely updates to program manager, functional leads, IT PMO, and key stakeholders by producing regular status reports and steering governance updates.
- Collects, analyzes, and manages data from individual sites to generate reports to stakeholders and management teams.
- Facilitates the teams daily work including all the scheduled meetings.
- Creates a collaborative environment which allows the team and stakeholders to interact closely.
- Assists with the enhancement of documentation related to process, SOPs, schedule templates, reports, communication plans, etc.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position, however the incumbent will manage third party project delivery resources/team.
- Project management skills: create and execute project plans, proactively manage risks/issues, maintain compliance with project management processes, an eye for detail, independently maintain project documentation, drive follow-up on open actions etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: Identifies opportunities or problems and acts quickly and decisively to respond to the situation. Ability to drive productive conversations and team meetings. Active listening skills.
- Excellent People skills: a combination of skills including an ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflict, be able to work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong team player, able to foster teamwork, collaboration and a positive working environment to the project team.
- Analytical skills: ability to perceive and analyze problems, develop alternatives and recommend sound decisions.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new and changing business and technical environments.
- Adept at articulating technical implications to business users/stakeholders.
- Ability to be hands on, as needed.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and juggle competing demands.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years in IT project management.
- Familiarity and exposure to providing enterprise IT infrastructure to new construction.
- Understanding of telecommunication technologies and order processes a plus.
- Experience working on infrastructure technology projects.
- Adept at usage of various tools such as Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Experience using project portfolio management tools.
- PMP or equivalent certification preferred.
- Experience in the energy or construction industry a plus.
- Ability to travel, if needed.