Includes organizational leadership, business process, resource, and financial management, sponsorship and promotion of collaborative effectiveness. This job family generally encompasses positions regularly responsible for providing leadership and direction to employees. Typically this work requires an expertise in communication skills, and management concepts plus a solid base of technology and/or business knowledge/skills and the ability to apply it to business problems.
- Establishes operational objectives and assignments and delegates to team leads and technical/professional employees.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies, which affect immediate operations.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. Implements strategies policies when selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Assures adherence to budgets, schedules work plans, and performance requirements.
- Manages, through subordinate individual contributors, (including but not limited to consultant specialists, leads, project managers) the coordination of the activities of a section or department.
- In some exceptional instances this manager may be responsible for a staff function and may not have subordinate employees.
- Manages team leads and professional/technical employees typically performing similar or related roles or functions. May also manage contractors, offshore resources and/or matrix employees.
- Had process responsibility for shared services or matrix organizations.
- Regularly interacts with subordinates, outside customers, and functional peer groups at management, senior management levels. and at executive levels, as appropriate.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain the acceptance of, others in sensitive situations.
- Presents, organizes, and conveys problems, issues within IT with internal customers and business partners and externally.
- Erroneous decisions will result in critical delay(s) in schedules, and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
- Establishes departmental strategy and tactics, and contributes to operational area's strategy formulation and execution.
- Exhibits and gains commitment to changes required and acts as change executor.
- Encourages employee development by providing growth/learning opportunities.
- Coordinates planning activities with team members to accomplish goals allocate resources and track results.
- Measures and monitors the execution of department and KP-IT processes.
- Initiates and evaluates required business process improvements in order to achieve business results and appropriate solutions for customers.
- Manages financial aspects of the department; accountable for direct budget.
- Manages HR/People processes for the department including performance management, resource management, compensation planning and administration, objective setting/alignment, employee development/coaching and training.
- BA/BS degree in related field and/or 4 years of equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible management experience in following areas: planning, budget/financial management and staffing.
- A minimum of 5 years of related IT experience including IT Project Management.
- Advanced knowledge of own area of functional responsibility and working knowledge of other IT functions.
Job Number: 752749