To provide technical expertise regarding Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, VMWare, and Citrix to both internally and externally hosted systems. Provide technical leadership and guidance to other team members and 3rd party vendors in managing systems.Work as part of a team to administer, provide technical support, and maintain computing systems valued at over $1.5 million.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer HEM and CP Kelco’s Windows based systems mainly within the Atlanta data facility and elsewhere within HEM and CP Kelco as required. Specify systems, upgrade hardware and software components, administer users, configure and maintain system interconnectivity, troubleshoot system problems, and train personnel on proper system usage as required to provide quality service to users of these systems.
- Provide technical guidance to both internal and external resources that will be managing both internal and externally hosted servers.
- Provide Active Directory support including account management, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy.
- Develop, update, and review IT policies and procedures focused on systems administration and compliance.
- Drive IT compliance related to server vulnerability remediation for both internal and external systems.
- Participate in Global Sysadmin team for both HEM and CPKelco. Provide recommendations for best practices based upon guidelines established by Enterprise Sysadmin group and the IT Interface Community of Practice (ITICP). Ensure that these guidelines and best practices are being followed by both internal and external support personnel.
- Serve as sysadmin representative for projects/initiatives brought forth by the businesses or application teams. Coordinate involvement of both internal and external resources as necessary.
- Support and maintain existing Citrix environment which consists of multiple server farms. Support will consist of performing upgrades to existing hardware, operating system, and applications, expanding where needed, and troubleshooting application and server performance within the environment.
- Support and maintain a VMWare infrastructure that exist within the Atlanta office as well as multiple manufacturing sites with the US. Assist sysadmin’s within other regions with supporting their VMWare environments as needed.
- Responsible for maintenance and operational aspects of HEM and CP Kelco’s Windows server based systems. Performs administrative activities such as installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and replacement both alone and through coordination with outside vendor and/or consulted Applications Service Provider assistance as required. Make decisions on repairs and replacement of failed equipment and systems. Make decisions on upgrades and enhancements. Expediently drives repairs, replacements, upgrades, and enhancements to completion.
- Maintain Dell hardware for VMWare infrastructure and Windows Servers. This would include firmware updates, hardware replacement, and DRAC management.
- Provide immediate response to issues related to Atlanta office server room such as A/C cooling, power, UPS, etc. Coordinate available resources for response as needed.
- Document and maintain details of Windows Server, VMWare and Citrix systems administration. Assist in planning, organizing and implementing capacity and performance related expansions for said systems.
- Work as a team member with other IT personnel and consulted Application Service Providers to integrate the HEM and CP Kelco IT systems into a business oriented service, providing maximum customer satisfaction at minimum costs.
- Make recommendations for purchases of hardware, software, and service items relating to Windows server based systems.
- Make recommendations on how to improve the performance and stability of the infrastructure.
- May perform other duties.
Specialized/Technical Knowledge or Required Skills
- Four year college degree specializing in Computer Science/Engineering or Technical degree and/or equivalent experience in the field of Windows based systems, with a specialized knowledge of Windows Server system administration.
- Senior level knowledge of Active Directory administration including, but not limited to, account creation, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy.
- 2+ years in Windows based system administration or equivalent.
- Ability to interact effectively and in a team spirit with a wide range of personnel at differing levels of technical expertise.
- Certifications as needed in Microsoft, Citrix, and/or others.