Industry: Energy & Utilities•
5 - 7 years
Posted 99 days ago
The IT Infrastructure Engineer III is responsible for the maintenance, installation, and configuration of infrastructure technologies and next generation technologies. May be involved with complex system integration testing and evaluation.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelors' degree in Information Technology or related field and 5 year of prior relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
Requires strong technical knowledge within a job area or system and basic knowledge across related technical areas
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge, or Qualifications
Knowledge of all infrastructure technologies (compute, storage, networking, physical infrastructure, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and open source packages and solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS); infrastructure management tools and monitoring tools; solution sizing for hardware/software platforms; industry standard security requirements and designs.
Troubleshooting; installing and repairing PC hardware and software; advanced design, maintenance and repair of servers; applying creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met; advanced information system configuration management
Ability to developing and write technical documentation; evaluate and test emerging technologies.
Key Job Accountabilities
1) Under general direction, responsible for the maintenance of installed infrastructure technologies as well as the installation and configuration of these technologies within specific area
2) Participates in business requirements meetings
3) Partners with technical architects to translate the architectural designs into operations
4) Develops plans to manage the frequency of support package/patch application
5) Administers equipment, hardware, and software upgrades
6) Provides higher level support to help desk staff
7) Completes and manages accurate infrastructure- related documentation in accordance with company security standards
8) Maintains and manages systems infrastructure and network appliance operations
9) Supports multiple systems or applications of moderate to high complexity (e.g., size, technology, systems feeds)
10) Provides advice to infrastructure engineers with less experience or to a small team
11) May manage projects at this level, requiring responsibility for the delegation of work and the review of others' work products and engineering projects
Key Level Differentiators
Works to achieve operational targets with significant impact on departmental results and infrastructure engineering operations
Works independently under limited supervision to develop, deliver, and implement infrastructure solutions and services
Analyzes and resolves complex infrastructure problems using experience, judgment and may take a new perspective on existing infrastructure solutions
Responsible for making improvements of processes and systems to enhance performance of infrastructure engineering operations
Makes decisions within area of direct responsibility