Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Jazz Pharmaceutical is seeking an experienced Director Enterprise Infrastructure Architecture, to lead the architecture and engineering discipline across IT Infrastructure in support of the IT environment for on-premise and cloud hosted solutions. He/she will also develop the roadmap for the overall transformation to enterprise IT to the cloud . This role will report to the Director of Infrastructure and Operations.
- Develop an IT infrastructure architecture strategy that addresses Jazz's business needs, and establishes the approach for securely integrating information, applications and programs with the overall IT strategy.
- Acts as a consultant to analyze system business process and design, and service delivery as it relates to IT.
- Fosters teams to deliver new end-to-end solutions that reduce cost and are not too complex to maintain
- Drives innovation and change adoption as we transform to the Cloud.
- Leads a high performing team and build a virtual team that provides technical leadership in the IT space
- Responsible for the design and documentation of the Cloud IaaS stack, on premise infrastructure and connectivity between all sites and cloud infrastructure.
- Oversee Design and Engineering for foundational services like the networking stack,etc
- Develop an enterprise IT infrastructure services roadmaps and solution architecture to ensure service availability, scalability, IT service continuity and overall cost effectiveness of application and service delivery with primary focus on IaaS platforms.
- Oversee the technical design of IT enterprise infrastructure including network (including WAN, LAN, Wireless, SDWAN, switching, routing, VPNs and firewalls), compute, storage, virtualization, database, directory, authentication, monitoring, identity, access and remote access services.
- Providing overall technical guidance and leadership in projects involving a variety of infrastructure technologies that supports business applications.
- Analyze escalation of incidents and drive technical problem resolution.
- Create and maintain proper documentation of use by IT Infrastructure to troubleshoot application issues and develop an understanding of the Application landscape.
- Evaluate emerging technologies, conduct PoC's and pilots to ensure best of class tools are utilized and develop strategy for upgrade path
- Educate, consult and influence IT and business stakeholders to better understand existing infrastructure architecture risks, IT best practices, and infrastructure changes required to support business and IT strategies.
- Develop and maintain 2 year rolling roadmaps that optimally reflect business need priorities, efficient sequencing, resources and funding
- Provide oversight for the review and approval of large global programs or portfolio of projects
- Manage demand and delivery of Engineering for new projects and review existing designs for improvements.
- Lead a Virtual team to establish the Architecture/Engineering discipline for IT.
- Partner with IT leaders to develop and maintain an enterprise IT technical architecture that is primarily based on cloud and external services.
- Utilize best practices, structured approaches and architecture standards for evaluating, designing and implementing services/solutions to meet requirements for functionality, performance, availability, scalability, security and disaster recovery; proactively manage performance of key vendors and third parties
- Partner with counterparts to implement and operationalize controls necessary for security, GxP, SOx and internal policies
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 10+ years as a Lead IT Infrastructure architect including research, development and delivery of technical designs for Network, Storage, Compute, Data, Security, and Applications services.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional or equivalent cloud certification or any other Industry recognized technical level education and experience
- Critical and structured thinking, business acumen and executive level influence to formulate and obtain broad support for proposed IT strategies, ability to objectively assess, articulate and constructively debate major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, risks and considerations for multiple alternatives and incorporate input from other stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience working, designing, developing and architecting Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment and other cloud providers.
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills with active-listening skills.
- Proven adaptability to shifting project schedules, priorities and assignments; able to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Demonstrated problem-solver with the ability to cope under pressure and coordinate multiple activities in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees, vendors and partners.
- Excellent written and documentation skills including proof reading and attention to detail.
- Must be a self-driven, motivated senior IT professional with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and leadership/good executive presence.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written); effective in interaction with executive management
- Strong financial acumen to establish budgets that are driven by plans, accurately forecast costs, efficiently manage variances and improve service value
- Knowledge of security frameworks, technical design and operational controls is desired
- Proven track record of executing through global teams, managing remote personnel, developing talent and creating high performing teams
- Ability to effectively manage large global deployments of new or enhanced IT end user services using vendors
- Highly collaborative, accountable and results driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to large audiences via email and in person
- Organizational change management experience is a plus
- Experience with the pharmaceutical industry is plus but not a requirement
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related degree
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within an office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
- Frequent computer use at workstation
- May move from one work location to another occasionally
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands