IT Information Security & Compliance Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for IT Information Security & Compliance Engineer ?for our client in Lake Forest, IL
Job Title: IT Information Security & Compliance Engineer
Job Location: Lake Forest, IL
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Information Security Compliance Analyst/Sr. Analyst
- The Information Security Compliance Analyst will be responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and execution of compliance initiatives including, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) IT General Controls and other domestic/ international data compliance requirements within Client’s.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- ?6+ years’ experience in providing IT compliance services and operations and basic understanding of IT services e.g. security, networks, servers, applications etc.
- Maintain ongoing oversight over customer’s compliance and regulatory requirements
- Monitors conformity of activities, processes, or service to the criteria of specified standards, such as SOX, ISO27001, SSAE16, custom information security policy, industry best practice, or other documented requirements
- Provide guidance to teams with the development, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of control processes, documentation, and compliance routines
- Support external audits intended to gather security information
- Partner with technical staff to develop new and revised policies, procedures, and standards to ensure compliance with regulatory standards
- Develop testing strategies for evidence of compliance with standards, or identification of deviations
- Provides advice to management on ways of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of their control mechanisms
- A solid foundation in compliance frameworks and security management standards (e.g., I SO 27001:2013, COBIT, and NIST) and other related standards (e.g., ISO9001 / TS 16949)
- Proactive, positive, and collaborative approach with demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience working across a geographically and culturally diverse organization
- Experience in Information Technology, including experience in auditing and security-related areas.
- Previous experience in other areas of information technology, such as applications development or technical infrastructure
- Experience with Segregation of Duties compliance and reporting activities desirable and experience.