IT Human Resources Business Partner
Summary of This Role
Serves as a Business Partner at the segment or division level to: Assist with the implementation of corporate human resource policies at the segment or division level. Facilitates organization and leadership development efforts, working with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues. Resolves employee relations issues through a systematic approach. Assist senior management in the development of solutions through cultural and process perspective organizational development. Assists in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., employee engagement, salary reviews, bonus awards, equity grants, workforce planning, and organizational changes). Provides feedback and insight to corporate level HR functions.
What Part Will You Play?
- Supports team members and managers in multiple divisions and/or multiple lines of businesses to determine methods and procedures for the appropriate course of action.
- With less frequent oversight, ensures the company is compliant with all country, federal, state, and local HR laws and participates in audits and confirms accuracy of data.
- Provides advice and counsel in assigned area regarding management practices, performance management, organizational effectiveness general employment practices, recruitment and staffing, compensation, team member development, employee relations, compliance, workers compensation, health and welfare benefits, HR operations, and payroll in support of business objectives.
- Provides feedback and advice and makes recommendations to help ensure fair and consistent administration of compensation practices throughout organization, including, but not limited to, merit increases, promotions, developmental increases, Restricted Stock Awards, and bonuses with senior leadership including Group Executive and Vice-President level and possibly with executive leadership.
- Partners with the business leaders to understand their strategic objectives. Designs, supports, and executes on people initiatives, such as engagement, change management, leadership development, recruitment, retention strategies, and organizational effectiveness in support of the business objectives within their assigned area.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: No degree specified; combination of relevant professional training and/ or experience in lieu of degree accepted
- Typically Minimum 8 Years Relevant Exp
- Previous corporate HR experience
- Society of HR Management (SHRM) Certification - Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR)
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Having ownership of a function, account or matrix management responsibilities, uses knowledge to ensure success, strengthen relationships, expand the business, and lead matrix teams on complex projects. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
- Job Complexity - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups, both internal and external.
- Supervision - Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.