We are looking for IT Help Desk/Computer Support Technician for our client in ??Seattle, WA
Job Title: ????IT Help Desk/Computer Support Technician
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Our client seeks a Help Desk/Computer Support Tech 2 to support a vibrant, diverse and growing academic community of more than 400 undergraduate and 150 graduate students.
- Computing resources comprise a complex networked environment, including both administrative and instructional applications, some of which are in off-campus locations. seeks an experienced specialist to serve as a team player within IT. Our environment currently includes 500+ devices and 50+ servers with heavy concurrent use.
- The primary role of this position is help desk technician.
- This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of functions, and will work closely with faculty and administrative representatives for academic input.
- The successful applicant must possess technical skills and be able to work patiently and productively with students, staff and faculty spanning a large range of computing expertise.
Duties related to this responsibility include:
- Work in a team role supporting computing environment, including networked devices such as copiers, and endpoints (desktop/laptop)
- Act as a primary helpdesk contact to investigate problems, answer technical questions related to hardware and software, and document/escalate issues as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware and network issues.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other members of IT as well as client IT staff.
- Utilize system monitoring and ?ticket? tracking systems to monitor tasks and issues.
- Installing/upgrading/configuring various hardware and software including operating systems, applications, security software/devices, and othernetworked devices.
- Supporting setup and use of video projectors, laptops, and videoconference systems. Troubleshoot issues in active class/meeting environments.
- Help develop/maintain documentation, lead group training sessions, and instruct individual users ad hoc on technology, systems, and software in use.
- Repair computer equipment including utilization of vendor specific warranty repair procedures.
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum 1year helpdesk/technical supportexperience in a large Windows AD based environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to problem solve, take initiative, set priorities and handle multiple projects efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines while representing the mission, visions and values of the organization.
- Ability to work creatively within given resources to provide the best possible environment for students, staff and faculty
- Excellent skills in technical documentation, personal communication/interaction, and customer service/liaison.
- Ability to learn new technologies and applications on the job.
- Must be able to respond to both planned and unplanned issues, needs and activities outside of normal business hours.
- Experiencesupporting a mixed OS environment including OS X and Linux
- Experience working in academic IT positions.
- Experiencesupporting cloud based solutions such as Google Apps/Drive, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services.