IT Healthcare Business Relationship Manager
Business Relationship Managers are able to adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The ability to communicate clearly, negotiate, build trusted relationships and alliances, listen, and mitigate conflict are essential for the BRM role. Contributions to in-depth analysis of business cases, justification for ISinvestments and capital planning are also vital for this position.
- Builds a trusted relationship with multiple roles in the clinical business unit.
- Participates in short-term and long- term strategic planning sessions with assigned Executive Leaders and IS to improve business processes.
- Participates in stakeholder (internal) business planning and strategy meetings with the program management office and IS leaders.
- Communicates with IS stakeholders, project managers, and other key stakeholders to ensure awareness of progress, risks, and results.
- Works with (internal) stakeholders to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Ensures IS leaders are aware of key business issues through frequent communication and/or escalations.
- Communicates business unit strategies and priorities to IS senior leadership.
- Identifies potential problems and conflicts with IS delivery.
- Promotes business knowledge of IS processes, roles, and procedures to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Acts as an advocate for business requirements and required results.
- Ensures stakeholder's expectations are set and identifies and resolves disconnects through governance mechanisms or negotiation.
- Ensures IS solutions support the organization's short-term and long-term business goals/strategy and aligns with IS strategy.
- Maintains awareness of changes to the organization's vision, strategy, goals, and processes to ensure requirements appropriately reflect the need of the organization.
- Understands complex/varied processes and multiple department needs
- Examines data and metrics to truly define the problem.
- Seeks to understand data and trends and brings ideas forward to prevent issues from occurring in the future.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication.
- Applies communication skills to facilitate mutual understanding in small and medium group settings (team meetings, presentations, project discussions).
- Communicates proactively with customers, peers and management, with minimal assistance and matches communication style to the message and audience.
- BA/BS Degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance or information systems or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 1 yearexperience working in a Business Analyst or Project Management role in an IT environment with significant customer exposure.
- BRMP a plus.
- Able to work in a dynamically changing environment with competing priorities.
- Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts.
- Ability to communicate up and down the management chain, providing the appropriate level of detail and focus on the right information.
- Independently motivated to seek knowledge through self-education and mentoring in areas pertaining to current position.
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Healthcare Strongly Preferred.